World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I get combustion next as I maxed out Critical Mass...

Just in the BG at the moment, great fun, getting some blue boots and blue bracers. Did a couple of instances over the weekend and luckily got the best gloves & belt for my level first time round. :)

Your Armory

Just mouse over your crit chance. Spell casters generally have different chances to crit with different schools of magic, and they can get further chances to crit with specific spells. There are certain conditions you can trigger to increase your chance to crit too. The obvious one is Combustion which gives you a bonus 10% chance to crit for every spell you cast, until you get three crits. If you dont crit with your first spell after popping combusion then you will have an extra 20% chance, then an extra 30% chance on your third spell, 40% on the fourth and so on until you get those three crits.

You can manipulate this further by using Fireball/Fireblast when you have had two crits. As the Fireball has a travel time and Fireblast is a blast effect which has no travel time or leaves no tracer then they can both hit at the same time and you will get the combustion buff for both. It only works after the second crit though.

Deep Arcane Mages have a very high chance to crit something during clearcasting, but i guess the most famous example of this (in the game probably) is the Frost Mage's "shatter combo" which is just stupid burst damage. If you have talents in the right places then you get an extra 50% chance to crit anything that is frozen. ie, Frost Nova, Frostbite, Elemental Freeze or even a Hunters Frost Trap. You can time it so a Water Elementals bolt, your Frostbolt and an Ice Lance all hit the guy in the Nova at the same time. Usually all three will crit.

Rev, you ever play as a lock? Just wondering what you reckon the best raiding spec for a lock is. Im currently Affliction and find it quite hard to keep up on dps damage meter.

I love destruction for PvP and raiding.

In fact I might renew my subscription today as I'm getting rather burnt out with Team Fortress 2.

I used to use Destro but was told by a very geeky friend of mine that affliction was alot better. In a way I agree, for questing solo its pretty good and its nearly an endless mana pool which is useful whenever. But the damage output is pretty poo.

Rev, you ever play as a lock? Just wondering what you reckon the best raiding spec for a lock is. Im currently Affliction and find it quite hard to keep up on dps damage meter.

166 days /played as a Lock. :oops:

My Warlock was very much my main. For raiding? 0-21-40 (Shadow)

This is pretty much textbook

Sacrifice your Succubus. Curse of Doom and Shadowbolt rotations. You want to be hitcapped (202 spell hit) and looking at a minimum of 20% crit/1000 shadow damage though.

You can dick around with the talents a bit if you want to take Improved Immolate, Conflagrate and Emberstorm. It gives you flexibility i guess. Shadow will be the way to go until Wrath hits. Ive got a feeling that at level 80, Destruction will be the Fire Tree. Its about time. Warlocks have been asking for Blizz to make Fire viable since, well, forever.

Im not sure what sort of things you're supposed to look for in gear and gems for destro anymore. This is my armory Clicky, mostly based around spell damage which I guess is always useful whatever spec. Is there anything I should swap if I were to switch though you reckon?

Used to play this game until I stumbled over something else I am not going to say as I will get the piss ripped out of me. Has the new game come out yet when you can get to level 80? (sorry forgot name).

EDIT: WRATH OF THE LICH KING!

Im not sure what sort of things you're supposed to look for in gear and gems for destro anymore. This is my armory Clicky, mostly based around spell damage which I guess is always useful whatever spec. Is there anything I should swap if I were to switch though you reckon?

Destro is all about keeping the Improved Shadowbolt debuff up, so the crit you need is dependent on the number of Destro Locks you run. You want 20-25% though. Then stack spellpower and haste. You dont need stamina, you dont really need intellect as lifetap will keep you going as long as the raid healer knows the score.

Link your armory.

Destro is all about keeping the Improved Shadowbolt debuff up, so the crit you need is dependent on the number of Destro Locks you run. You want 20-25% though. Then stack spellpower and haste. You dont need stamina, you dont really need intellect as lifetap will keep you going as long as the raid healer knows the score.

Link your armory.

My armory

Those gems are horrible for raiding.

Locks dont need Intellect. They certainly dont need Stamina. Unless you want to PvP with PvE gear, which isnt advisable. Get some spell hit. You want 202 if you want to raid as destruction.

Veiled Noble Topaz (4 hit + 5 damage) or Great Dawnstone (+8 hit) are the way to go.

You are exalted with the Sha'Tar and you dont have Glyph of Power? Get that next time you log in.

Its probably worth getting the Spellstrike set if you have some cash. Either farm the recipe, or just ask around if someone can make it. Both items are BOE. Both are much better than the gear level you are at.

Then you can spec how you want. 0-21-40 is the way to go for raid content from T5 (SSC/TK) onwards though.

I got around 2800g hanging around so I guess I could get them, I hate farming for stuff so Ill just get it off a mate, most of the gems I have are crap cause I lacked gold and found it pointless using good gems in shite blues :lol: Im not too fussed about re-gemming except on my semi-good items which ill be a little more pissed about ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â