The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

They tried - he was just too quick.

Marcelo pulled out of it. Don't know if he was booked, should've just tripped him. If he was booked he was probably worried about suspension. 

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Marcelo pulled out of it. Don't know if he was booked, should've just tripped him. If he was booked he was probably worried about suspension. 

He wasn't booked, but I don't think he pulled out of it.  He just didn't dive in - if he had, it would've done the job.  He went for a subtle heel tap instead.  Whoever the first Real player was had the right idea.

But I dislike those dirty **** anyway, so it's all good B)

• Like 1

Real Madrid were flooding men forward even after 2-2. Guess they wanted to end it tonight but a draw would've put them in a very strong position.

Surprised Luis Enrique didn't put Mascherano on at 1-2 to see the game out but then wouldn't have had the amazing finish.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

First Classico I've watched in a long time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Play acting has been minimal which is nice.

First one I've fully watched in a while aswell as last few years they've been played early afternoon for the Asian audiences and I've constantly missed them.

Best matches are at night easily. Tonight was another classic.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Was a dogshit ball though to be fair, not sure why he played it behind him. 

I think his initial instinct was to shoot

What a great game though, and what more needs to be said about the little Argentine.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 21:39, kurtsimonw said:

Barca's title now. No CL and no game of any difficulty. 

Barcelona at home to Villareal is a far harder game than anything Real Madrid have got imo.

Just watched the yellow submarine put in a defensive masterclass away to Atletico Madrid. They will not be easy to break down at all.

It is a game Barcelona can slip up with. We know the way Villareal will play on the counter and Barcelona do give you chances so I can see them getting something at the nou camp. Celta Vigo is a game Real may have problems with but that depends on the Europa league really. Two tough games against Man u, they haven't got the biggest of squads. Rely on two three players. yes Real's title. 

Edited by PaulC

Not sure when Espanyol actually won the derby but Quique has made them difficult to score against. Would still expect a Barca win from that one.

Las Palmas away is tough. Think they've only lost once at home all season but lately they've been conceding some stupid goals through overplaying at the back so need to cut that out.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â