The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Like everyone else, my respect for Neville grew when he turned into an excellent pundit, but considering how intelligent he appeared to be when analysing the game, I don't understand how he thought choosing Valencia as his first job was a good idea.

A truly bizarre decision bordering on pure arrogance on his part.

Actually didn't realise this was the cup....that's what's been keeping Neville in a job really a only competition where Valencia were actually winning games so the 2nd leg next week is a bit redundant now. He must be very close to the chop.

Another Messi hat trick. How far off is he at being Barca's all time top scorer?

Edit: Oh I see he's already about 200 ahead of the rest! Surprised Barca never had a player who scored about 500 goals in the 1930s as all the major clubs seem to have.

Edited by VillaChris

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Another Messi hat trick. How far off is he at being Barca's all time top scorer?

Edit: Oh I see he's already about 200 ahead of the rest! Surprised Barca never had a player who scored about 500 goals in the 1930s as all the major clubs seem to have.

General Franco and his buddies wouldnt have allowed such player to play ;)

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Top scorer in the Copa del Rey is one of the few goalscoring records Messi doesn't currently hold. (sauce)

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

It could be an absolute drubbing tonight though.  4-0 to Barcelona after an hour and Valencia are down to ten men.  Barcelona tend to enjoy absolutely smashing teams so maybe they will get six or seven. 

If only I'd put the house on it, eh?

Devastating Barca performance, but Valencia didn't do themselves any favors. I think Gary Neville has picked the wrong club at the wrong time. He should've started out at Wolves or Fulham. The spotlight shines very bright in Valencia and La Liga, and he's got to be on borrowed time now.

Fuming....Neville losing and where is Zatman?!:D

Losing to Betis who apparently haven't won in 12 games.

They're only 4 points off relegation now. They have to sack him now as they need to pick up points. As I've previously said last 7 games include Sevilla and Villareal at home and Real Madrid and Barca away.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â