Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 28/10/24 at 23:59

Just now, VillaTO said:

Not sure who was supposed to be picking up Evanilson for the equaliser (i only saw a short clip of the goal on Twitter), but surely Emery is giving someone a bollicking for that.

Austin McPhee probably, if the last match is anything to go by.  

1 minute ago, VillaTO said:

Not sure who was supposed to be picking up Evanilson for the equaliser (i only saw a short clip of the goal on Twitter), but surely Emery is giving someone a bollicking for that.

take your pick, Cash or Duran

he was in loads of space in between the two of them

really poor schoolboy defending

• Sad 1

Brighton will be more pissed.

I've read a few disrespecting the players. Even though I wouldn't go that far. They do need to realise if we want to be top 4 challengers, everyone needs to be 95% plus at there best every game and this isn't happening.

8 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I've just read a few of the player threads.

There are a few posters on here who need to sort themselves out. An 'entitled' mentality seems to have set in and as usual, several players are now utter crap apparently. 

Every single side in the League has games like this. These lot beat Arsenal 2-0 last weekend. 

No need to then jump on half the squad and start labelling them. It's doing my head in to be honest, we had it with Carlos a few weeks back and he's made most in that thread look as foolish as their posts. 

Utter crap when we're top of the champions league and third in the premier league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Martinez: played fine, no obvious mistakes, don’t think he could have done much about the goal

Cash: after defending him against the rash penalty merchant criticism on here recently, was great to see him play as the comedy caricature of Calamity Cash today. So lucky not to give away a pen. Got turned inside out throughout the game.

Konsa: played well I thought

Pau: deserved more from his passing today, some absolutely sublime passes that should have resulted in goals, and a fantastic hit that was well saved by Travers

Digne: solid game

McGinn: played pretty well, unlucky not to have a goal, ball was a millimetre out and his finish was excellent. I’m not sure having both him and Ramsey starting works, though, we need a proper winger on one wing.

Onana: I find him very frustrating to watch sometimes. Today was one of those games. There’s a player there, but he slows down our play, and isn’t always as physically dominant as you’d expect. A little unlucky not to score off a good FK routine.

Tielemans: clear MOTM on our side, a sublime footballer, on this kind of form he really is one of the best midfielders in the world.

Ramsey: a mixed bag. He mostly played well, but I feel like he sometimes just lacks that bit of finesse or imagination when he gets into good positions

Rogers: pretty anonymous today, not sure the new haircut is working for him. Besides Tielemans, he was surrounded by workhorses today, and maybe that made it easier for Bournemouth to deal with him

Watkins: thought he played really well, only really had one or two chances of note from what I can remember, but his all round play was excellent, and unlucky not to be involved in setting up two or three goals.

Barkley: played pretty well and scored a crucial goal. I think he’s better when we have a lead to hold on to, but can’t complain. Looks vulnerable to pace these days, and I think it was him who gave away the FK for their equaliser?

Duran: not sure what his instructions were, but he was certainly trying to affect the game. Was good to see him playing some beautiful passes - one to Watkins from deep deserved more. His big moment was when Watkins set him up for what he must feel is a routine finish, a poor miss in the end. Nice to see the possibility later in the season of Watkins and Durans starting together though.

Bailey: set up the goal, other than that looks a bit of a lost soul atm. His lack of form is a problem - we look so much better when we have a proper winger on the pitch.

Maatsen: don’t remember him doing much, but no obvious mistakes.

Kamara: don’t remember much, hope he’ll be ready to start a game soon, as it will give us a lot of options in midfield

Emery: tricky game for him after a big Champions League week, and we probably should have put the game to bed in the first half. But I think the team was maybe a little too conservative, and maybe he should have taken a gamble on Maatsen starting. He hasn’t been helped by Bailey being in terrible form and Philogene suspended.

Referee: generally got everything right, except his criteria for a 1st yellow card seemed to be very different from his criteria for a 2nd

Bournemouth: useful side who will finish mid table, plenty of pace and a good manager. Their keeper Travers was comfortably MOTM across both sides, a few flourishes for the camera, but he did very well.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

It's what happens when you need to take players off to keep them fresh for the next match.

Villa were pretty good early on and their goal-keeper kept Bournemouth in it, with some fine saves.

Duran missed Villa's best chance to kill them off, and Villa's long punts up the field towards the end, just meant it coming back.

Someone forgot whose job it was and both teams got what they deserved.

I think we need to get used to it, as the attrition takes its toll.

26 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

no but he shouldnt have just given the ball back to the 1 minute earlier

O hindsight that’s easy to say but if we’d have conceded a late goal playing out from the back I’d imagine people would ask why Emi didn’t just launch it deep into time added on. Frustrating but these things sometimes happen and as others have said much worse things have happened in the past and can always happen. UTV!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

For most parts of the game we dominated and should have scored a few before we did, after the goal we lost composure and gave the ball away needlessly.

Very poor to non existant marking on the striker who scored and we had a warning from a free kick in the same place just a couple of minutes earlier.

Gutted at the dropped two points but we look a very good team.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â