Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 28/10/24 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Agreed, every professional, well paid footballer should know that you need to keep possession to prevent the opposition from scoring. Collective brain fart from the Villa team it seems......where were the leaders on the pitch??

It happens but 6 points dropped, Brounemouth, Ipswich and man yoo. 

It would have felt better to have drawn 0-0 or been stuffed 0-3.

It's only a game!.......ggrrrrrrrr 

It most certainly wouldn’t have been better to have been “stuffed 0-3” you are being silly now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, true.

They would see that as dropped points though, same as us, and those points matter at the end of the season, is all im saying.

We had a very good start to the season, 4 wins, 1 loss (12 points - 2.4 PPG), the last 4 games have been 1 win, 3 draws (6 points - 1.5 PPG), granted we didnt lose, which is good in the sense that if you cant win, dont lose, but it is what it is, i guess, we dropped points to Ipswich and Bournemouth, which while it happens, as you say, im sure Emery wont be happy with it.

3 points from 9 is very poor v Ipswich, Bournemouth and Man U. Particularly leading 2 of the games in the second half like we were. 

Disappointing as we did enough. Still unbeaten since Arsenal which is decent. You occasionally get days like these, all teams do.

Rogers off it today, but he’ll bounce back. 

Thought Cash was going to concede another penalty and that RHS is become a stand out area of upgrade to improve this team.

Funny how that scoring momentum ruins your weekend but we should be pleased with a point for the long game, need to keep an eye on Spurs and Chelsea now.

Edited by thunderball

12 minutes ago, Razor said:

Pretty pathetic today, we won't get in the Champions League again if we're so sloppy and lethargic after every European game, we should have won that comfortably

If we win every Champions League game without conceding goals, it matters not how sloppy and lethargic we are after every European game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

3 points from 9 is very poor v Ipswich, Bournemouth and Man U. Particularly leading 2 of the games in the second half like we were. 

Putting it like that, you realise why we aren't in the conversation for being anywhere near title contenders.

Escaped with 1 annoying but super precious point. Two years ago, we lose this game. Today, we draw or win. Between 2016 and 2022, we lost four games to Bournemouth. They're not an easy side to beat. This one point could make all the difference for next year. It's about learning from this -- no time to wallow.

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Arsenal lost 2-0 these last week.

so what.  today they were bang average and we handed them a point.   yeah teams can get freak results but today we coukd and should have controlled that last 15 minutes easily.  I suspect Emery will be ripping them new holes.  especially martinez who just invited pressure back on us the whole last 15 mins.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm waiting for the factual evidence.

The line about "factual evidence" is such a cop out if they don't present any. I'm happy to change my mind, but from that image alone, I'm not convinced it's enough to say it was out of play.

• Like 3

The Bailey/Maatsen double sub was a disaster. Completely lost all control. Should've kept McGinn on imo.

Apart from that though I'm not putting too much on Unai. Set up was good and should've been out of sight before the subs, purely players responsibility today for cocking up many good moments. A very common theme this season. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â