Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 28/10/24 at 23:59

Gutted to see us throw two points away at the end like that. We just had to keep control and play it out, we seemed to step off and allow them back into it. Emery will be fuming. The referee handing out cards like a primary school child, pissed me off. Out wastefulness in front of goal did too. 

However, we are still in third and Arsenal aren’t guaranteed anything from Liverpool. As much as we keep wasting opportunities against lower placed teams, we do tend to turn up against the better sides. So let’s hope that’s the case in the coming weeks. 

Thought we had full control. Should have scored one or two more goals. But what bothers me, is that we did not have the tactical mindset to kill the game in injury time. Keep the ball and let the clock run. That was disappointing and something we must improve.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Top teams drop points at home all the time. Arsenal dropped 2 to Brighton already for example.

yeah, true.

They would see that as dropped points though, same as us, and those points matter at the end of the season, is all im saying.

We had a very good start to the season, 4 wins, 1 loss (12 points - 2.4 PPG), the last 4 games have been 1 win, 3 draws (6 points - 1.5 PPG), granted we didnt lose, which is good in the sense that if you cant win, dont lose, but it is what it is, i guess, we dropped points to Ipswich and Bournemouth, which while it happens, as you say, im sure Emery wont be happy with it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can deal with a draw at home to Bournemouth but not like that . Last kick of the game man come on . 

Agreed, every professional, well paid footballer should know that you need to keep possession to prevent the opposition from scoring. Collective brain fart from the Villa team it seems......where were the leaders on the pitch??

It happens but 6 points dropped, Brounemouth, Ipswich and man yoo. 

It would have felt better to have drawn 0-0 or been stuffed 0-3.

It's only a game!.......ggrrrrrrrr 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

Two points thrown away. Barkley didn’t need to dive in there, Cash had him covered. Gave them another opportunity to put in a dangerous ball and the marking was shocking.

Duran or Cash?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â