Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 28/10/24 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

it is what it is, but to be a top team, or to want to hang with the big boys, you have to be winning those types of games at home.

Top teams drop points at home all the time. Arsenal dropped 2 to Brighton already for example.

I've seen Villa do some stupid things in 35 years but that last 15 minutes is amongst the most stupid. Absolutely disgraceful football, decision making and defending.

Even against poor teams like this, you can't just play hoofball and hold on.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Brighton just pissed away a 2 goal league to give Wolves there first points of the season. Bournemouth are a good side who just beat Arsenal. Not a great result obviously, but each point matters. 

I keep hearing this, but its debatable if Arsenal are even much better than us on our day.

They were playing with 10 men too, after arguably there best player sent off.

what the hell was that?  that last 15 was so unimaginably bad it was untrue.  b....x to anyone claiming bournemouth are a good team.  They were bang average and there for the taking.   what the hell was martinez doing in the last 15.  either he'd been told to go long and then its a serious mistake by emery or he was almost trying to throw the game.   every goalkick hoof straight back to bournemouth so they coukd have another go.  The one time we had any possesion in that last 15 fecking ramsey just gave it straight back to them under no pressure whatsoever.  play like that and we wont finish top half.  so bad it was untrue.

• Like 1

Martinez  - 6/10
Cash  - 5/10
Konsa  - 6/10
Pau  - 6/10
Digne  - 5/10
Onana  - 5/10
Tielemans  - 6/10
McGinn  - 5/10
Ramsey  - 6/10
Rogers  - 4/10
Watkins  - 5/10

**Subs:**  
Maatsen  - 5/10
Barkley  - 5.5/10
Kamara  - 5/10
Bailey  - 5/10
Duran - 6/10

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

End product today was the issue. We should have been out of sight. I can just hear Bardell now, refusing to criticize anyone. That outcome is poor given our dominance in the game.

Sure Bournemouth fought hard and in the end I think deserved a point but there is absolutely no way they should be leaving with one.

Just wait for Dan's preordained excuses... Midweek exertions, Bournemouth are a good team who beat Arsenal last week. Blah blah. Not okay, Danny Boy!

Just now, AndyClarke said:

I've seen Villa do some stupid things in 35 years but that last 15 minutes us amongst the most stupid. Absolutely disgraceful football, decision making and defending.

Even against poor teams like this, you can't just play football and hold on.

It was terrible. Alex McLeishesque finish to a game. Players looked like they were on a mission to self destruct with the fouling, yellow cards and poor decisions. The equaliser felt inevitable, late as it was. No point in people blaming the ref. I don’t think he put a foot wrong. 

• Like 1

A shame that Bournemouth decided to play the reincarnation of Max O'Leary today.

Although, saying that, what I'd give for our forwards to stop shooting at the goalkeeper/over the bar and opt to aim towards the sides of the goal instead

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â