Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 28/10/24 at 23:59

1 hour ago, tinker said:

It was a free header for them, poor concentration from us defending a free kick. Subs were all OK. The chances we had we should have been out of sight, sometimes football is just like that, their keeper was impressive and would have probably saved their goal on the form he had shown. 

It much mirrored the Man City game, where they missed so many chances.....but they typically got the win.

• Like 1

Frustrating end to the game, but it is what it is.

Im sure the coaches & manager will be all over the last 15 mins with the players next week.

I would imagine that we will play worse than that & win at some point during the season.

One of those day's when the Swiss Cheese model lined up 

We are going to play a lot lot worse than that and win. 

On to Palace game and one closer to a trip to Wembley. 

I thought we played quite well, carved them open on numerous occasions and really should have scored more but for some poor finishing and some great saves from their keeper, I’m convinced the whole ball was not over the line either for McGinn’s goal, I reckon a ‘Hawkeye’ view would have had just a slither of it on the line but hey ho.

Obviously gutting to lose a goal like that in the last second but shit happens and will happen again, as much as we’d like to we ‘can’t win them all’! 

• Like 1

Our passing % yesterday was 82.6, that's poor by our standards. And it wasn't because Bournemouth made it particularly difficult for us or pressed us more than teams usually do. We were just sloppy and not focused. Our average in the PL this season is 86.1%, that's a pretty big difference.

Edited by sne

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Moat of them seemed to be cynical tackles that too am attacker out after the defender was beat

Saw complaints for seemingly every villa yellow card, onana, mcginn and digne were the easiest yellow card decisions you'll see all weekend 

Yep, it was peculiar in that I think his decisions were almost all correct, it was, in many respects a very good performance by the referee.

And yet, I have a hard time believing that this was the second most cynical game of top flight football since 1991 or the second dirtiest game in the last twelve thousand that have been played in the Premier League - there was no needle in the game and in parts it was played like a friendly. 

I can't quite get my head around it.

• Like 3

On the face of it, 13 yellow cards sounds and seems excessive.

I Watched the game on tv and normally i'm jumping out of my cosy armchair ranting and raving at the tv and the ref for giving a 'soft' yellow card.

Yet, yesterday i did not do it once with any of the yellow cards. I also had the benefit of the tv replays and i thought everyone was justified.

The players made rash challenges and or pulled players back that gave the referee an option.

I think he got all of them spot on. It's interesting that there were not many complaints from the players when they were shown a yellow card.

I think it's remarkable that after all those yellow cards that a red was not given out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I think it's remarkable that after all those yellow cards that a red was not given out.

I think that's down to both managers - and I think it had a big impact on the game.

There was a point in the second half where ten players had been booked, but seven of them had been replaced from the bench and there were only three players on the field carrying a card.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2024 at 17:19, foreveryoung said:

I think that's the players, not Emery's tactics. I'm sure he'll be having a fit.

But it's a regular occurrence. Villa tend to sit back when they lead.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â