Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 28/10/24 at 23:59

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

O hindsight that’s easy to say but if we’d have conceded a late goal playing out from the back I’d imagine people would ask why Emi didn’t just launch it deep into time added on. Frustrating but these things sometimes happen and as others have said much worse things have happened in the past and can always happen. UTV!!!!!!!!

that so shortsighted.  he'd been lauching it long for the last 15 minutes and every time it can straight back.  its also so far away ftom emery ball its untrue.  trust Torres and the defence and play football, its the best way to control the game.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Brighton will be more pissed.

I've read a few disrespecting the players. Even though I wouldn't go that far. They do need to realise if we want to be top 4 challengers, everyone needs to be 95% plus at there best every game and this isn't happening.

No they don't. They do if we want to win the league though or do better than last season.

We controlled large parts of that game and carved through them with ease so many time but our final balls or shots were once again wayward.   That said they defended well and had players in the right place to block crosses and shots most of the time. 

But once we scored all we had to do was keep the ball and carry on doing what we'd been doing. 

Instead, after ollie went off, we decided Martin O'Neill's "tactics" would be the best approach.  Martinez repeatedly hit it long to Duran, and pretty much every time gave possession back to them to launch another attack.   Several of those attacks were halted by stupid fouls.  Me and those around me could not believe or understand why we were playing that way, it was inviting pressure and trouble. 

I don't know whether Emi or Emery were to blame for adopting that approach, but surely Emery should have put a stop to it after the 3rd or 4th time we did it.  I've marked him as poor for not doing so.       

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

that so shortsighted.  he'd been lauching it long for the last 15 minutes and every time it can straight back.  its also so far away ftom emery ball its untrue.  trust Torres and the defence and play football, its the best way to control the game.  

I don’t necessarily disagree and 9 times out of 10 that’s what we do but the world isn’t perfect, unfortunately. 

I’ve been a massive critic of Cash, but I was actually really pleased with his performance overall. I thought first half especially he did a great job of staying up the pitch to press Semenyo who is an excellent footballer. I also thought Ramsey had his best game in a long time, he looked our most dangerous attacking player. Rogers had an off day and Tielemans was great as always. Today was a very upsetting result, it’s certainly ruined my weekend but the overall attitude on here to us dropping points after the performances these players have given us over the last 18 months I find pretty disgusting. I totally avoid the match thread for this reason and a bit shocked that it seems to have spread here. Anyway I’m really excited to see our weakened (but still super strong) xi in the cup next week.

• Like 2

A very "old Villa" thing to do!

They seemed to be out there with the attitude of we are better then them and we can just keep going and something will happen for us. 

Some very good chances wasted (Rogers & Duran) and we paid the price at the end.

Bournemouth are a very well coached team. Their keeper (Travers) & the centre half  (Senesi) both played well.

The ref! Probably got most decision right but 13 yellow cards, when its hard to recall a bad tackle. Ridiculous! Once he started there was no stopping him.

Could be costly by the end of the season.

Let's regroup and go again!. UTV

To put it in Emeryspeak, We are not happy of course because we want to win but we have to accept it and we are being demanding and we are continuing and we are always being ready for anything. That's what he would say, and I agree.

• Like 2

Thought we were decent for large parts but as soon as we scored we looked poor. We never controlled the ball and kept giving it them back too easily. Poor defending for thier goal, you can’t let the forward have an uncontested header in the last minute of the game. Dropping points in these sort of games will make it hard to get top 4 again. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

The last 6-8 mins , why can’t we play out from the back , instead of Martinez hoofing his goal kick & everytime they win the ball drived down our right , I count at least 3-4 times that happens..

It was driving me insane and it’s so unlike him and us. 

I thought Onana was really good today, helped us really dominate the midfield that first half;They just couldnt get anywhere near the ball with him there.  Thought they came into the game more in the second half when Barcley came one, nothing against him (He had an ok game) but we just lost a bit of control.

Cash didnt actually have that bad a game, he was just up against their best player and he really struggled when Onana wasnt there to help cover him, he was lucky to get away with that penalty decision though.

Sickner at the end, but to be fair it was coming, they really pressed us after the goal and we couldnt get out.  They have their tails up at the moment and it showed.

Overall i thought we were better than agaist United, you could see the players were fighting though the natural malaise after a difficult midweek game. However we shouldnt downplay Bournemouth, they are a good team and far better rested than we were, they will beat some good sides again this season.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

3 points from 9 is very poor v Ipswich, Bournemouth and Man U. Particularly leading 2 of the games in the second half like we were. 

We are never going to win every game though are we? Bang on 2ppg which has to be our target in the league and top of the CL table. Disappointed to let a goal in with the last kick of the game and had it gone wide then we'd be well over our targets in all comps....

• Like 2

Martinez 8/10 ... excellent saves, but might have made different tactical choices for the last fifteen
Cash 7/10  .... had a good game. The goal was not his "fault"
Ezri 7/10 ... good game consistent. 
Pau 7/10 ... good game
Digne 7/10 ... His usual self
Onana 7/10 ... He is a presence ... looks a bit likely to foul
Tielemans 8/10 ... Excellent game
McGinn 7/10 ... not his best game as such, 7 might be tad generous, nice disallowed goal
Ramsey 8/10 ... my player of the match, getting back to his old form
Rogers 7/10 ... not his best game. I expect more from Morgan
Watkins 7/10 ... His usual self

Leon  7/10 ... nice assist for Barkley
Barkley 7/10 ... way to scramble a goal in
Maatsen 7/10 ... did not get chance to impose himself on the game
Kamara ?/10 ... too short a span for a rating, but I thought he looked good
Duran 7/10 ... looked good up front and chasing back. But he did watch Travers run in between himself and Cash

Unai  Good. He got the team to breakdown Bournemouth numerous times. Might have got Emi  to stop hoofing at the end

The referee, I thought he was good and consistent. Only gave him an average though as several of the yellows were quite soft I thought

Edited by fruitvilla

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

The Bailey/Maatsen double sub was a disaster. Completely lost all control. Should've kept McGinn on imo.

Apart from that though I'm not putting too much on Unai. Set up was good and should've been out of sight before the subs, purely players responsibility today for cocking up many good moments. A very common theme this season. 

Maarten and Bailey created our goal and McGinn was fading as he’s only back from injury. The problem was Martinez started going long giving up possession. Carlos for Cash should of been the last change.

Disappointing, we played well enough but not as well as we can and today that bit us on the arse. Their keeper was fantastic 👏 and they played very well, always carried a threat and dealt with Rogers very well by doubling up on him. He's not ready for that type of attention and it stopped him being affective, sometimes you have to draw players and then pass. 

I'm disappointed in myself as well as I can feel a real sense of entitlement kicking in, "how dare Bournemouth score against us"  type feeling. Have to remember that in football someone always pays for your happiness. UTV 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â