Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

That was ball was out. Question is; could Watkins have done better to keep it in?

Yes, Ramsey has been lacking a bit of quality with his final ball, but you'd expect a striker to get on the end of that cross, or at least get closer to it. Watkins just doesn't have that natural instinct of an out and out striker. If he did, he'd scored a lot more than he does already. Prime example was when he tried to cut the ball back earlier - a natural goalscorer shoots in that situation. That run also, when Rogers played the ball through with outside of his boot. Watkins was 1 v 1 with the last man and should've been able to get to that ball. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

You’re telling me they could see a clear and obvious error from that grainy picture? Get **** 

Again, i didn't know they could VAR a ball in and out of play.  But if they can, my guess is that they consider it an absolute fact of position, like offside when a toe nail matters and clear and obvious does not.   Most fouls involve some judgement.  According to the current interpretation, offside and ball in or out of play if a goal results, do not involve judgement.  Can't be arsed to look it up.  I'm retired.