Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Just now, bobzy said:

Ball travels about half a yard from a bullet header on to Cash's arm - Bailey misjudges a ball from 20 yards away and lets it hit his arm.

Neither are deliberate, but the Bailey one is more a handball than Cash's to me.

This is where the 'natural position' bit comes into it for me. Cash is taking risks and gets caught. Bailey does nothing wrong but misjudge the header, IMO.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Ball travels about half a yard from a bullet header on to Cash's arm - Bailey misjudges a ball from 20 yards away and lets it hit his arm.

Neither are deliberate, but the Bailey one is more a handball than Cash's to me.

Cash had his arms out vastly away from his body and blocks a genuine attempt at the ball - 100% pen.

Leon has his arms by sides and knows nothing of it because the lad fluffs the header. It's not a pen. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

This is where the 'natural position' bit comes into it for me. Cash is taking risks and gets caught. Bailey does nothing wrong but misjudge the header, IMO.

Natural position shouldn't really be a thing from that far away, though.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

We’ve been poor today, I’m struggling to think of a decent MOTM. Konsa, Pau and Youri the only ones that have been anything close to their best 

I’d give it to Ross not just for the ball but he’s a very calming presence in midfield