Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think I'd just start smashing shit up and give up on the sport if that was a penalty, it'd be absolutely ridiculous. His hands are down by his sides, and he clearly doesn't mean to whiff the header.

But he does **** up the header and the ball rolls down his arm.

I don't know - there aren't many handballs that are deliberate and that's travelled a long way.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I'd want a pen for that to be honest.  It's more of a penalty than the Cash handball one.

I respect your opinions on ref decisions, but I'm genuinely baffled by this perspective. Cash is throwing his arms around at shoulder height. Bailey just midjudges the ball and it hits his arm down by his side. 

1 hour ago, smg said:

The case for Duran your honour. Are you not a fan of Ollie?

I'm a huge fan of Ollie. I just think that you can tell the difference between a natural goalscorer, who has played that position since they were young, and a winger who has been converted into a striker. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think I'd just start smashing shit up and give up on the sport if that was a penalty, it'd be absolutely ridiculous. His hands are down by his sides, and he clearly doesn't mean to whiff the header.

I underlined why you are wrong.  You're welcome  :)

Just now, Davkaus said:

I respect your opinions on ref decisions, but I'm genuinely baffled by this perspective. Cash is throwing his arms around at shoulder height. Bailey just midjudges the ball and it hits his arm down by his side. 

Ball travels about half a yard from a bullet header on to Cash's arm - Bailey misjudges a ball from 20 yards away and lets it hit his arm.

Neither are deliberate, but the Bailey one is more a handball than Cash's to me.

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I'm a huge fan of Ollie. I just think that you can tell the difference between a natural goalscorer, who has played that position since they were young, and a winger who has been converted into a striker. 

He probably grew up scoring about 90 goals a season so this is utterly nonsense let's be honest.