Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How is VAR not able to provide us with a top down image? Japan's famous goal against Spain in the World Cup looked over the line, but it was not. All we have is one image to work with. It's not good enough. 

Ball is clearly dissecting the line. In, on that image.

Screenshot-2024-10-26-at-17-01-38.png

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How is VAR not able to provide us with a top down image? Japan's famous goal against Spain in the World Cup looked over the line, but it was not. All we have is one image to work with. It's not good enough. 

That pic is not factual evidence. Maybe they have others.

World Cup: Graeme Souness offers Japan goal conspiracy theory after 'very  peculiar' Fifa response | The Independent

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Digne offers more defensive certainty and can cross a mean ball, so is judged to offer more overall, but I agree that Maatsen could prosper in this game at the right time. He is an excellent player.

Maatsen is better defensively and offensively.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

I can live with the call but we have to have better tech for this sort of thing. No excuse having a blurry image where missing pixels could be the difference between goal and no-goal in these situations.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I can see grass between the line and the entire ball.. hate to say, it’s a correct decision 

Just now, fightoffyour said:

They didn’t have the evidence to overturn it and I’m honestly baffled they such a vague statement and an image that clearly inconclusive. I could accept the decision if they gave us a Birds Eye view but they haven't. To me, they've not proven it's crossed the line conclusively and should have stuck with the original goal. 

• Like 3