Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

1 minute ago, blunther said:

I think all the yellows were yellows. Still waiting to see the factual decision about the ball being out. I’ve seen the still and that ain’t proving shit. 

The still they just showed on the shitty cut highlights just showed it in :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

How is VAR not able to provide us with a top down image? Japan's famous goal against Spain in the World Cup looked over the line, but it was not. All we have is one image to work with. It's not good enough. 

Why did they use that photo rather than their factual evidence?

• Like 4

Just now, The_Steve said:

How is VAR not able to provide us with a top down image? Japan's famous goal against Spain in the World Cup looked over the line, but it was not. All we have is one image to work with. It's not good enough. 

From that angle all the ball does look over the line though 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Why persist with Digne when Maatsen is a far superior player?

I will never understand this

Digne offers more defensive certainty and can cross a mean ball, so is judged to offer more overall, but I agree that Maatsen could prosper in this game at the right time. He is an excellent player.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Digne offers more defensive certainty and can cross a mean ball, so is judged to offer more overall, but I agree that Maatsen could prosper in this game at the right time. He is an excellent player.

If Maatsen comes on I reckon they'll need to change right back again.

Just now, PaulC said:

From that angle all the ball does look over the line though 

I’m absolutely fine with the call as it does look out but it’s bullshit statements like that cause the problems.

I genuinely would be happier with a “it looks more out than in so we’ve gone with the safer call”