Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

7 yellows in the first half is a bit silly from the ref to be honest. It's not even been that kind of game.

They've all been yellows.  He's just done his job well.  It hasn't been a dirty game at all, but there's been a few cynical challenges.

The criticism is mad.

• Like 2

Just now, foreveryoung said:

7 yellows in the first half is a bit silly from the ref to be honest. It's not even been that kind of game.

I think it’s not been a rough game, but there’s been a lot of cynical fouls on the break, and refs have been told to clamp down on those because they spoil the flow of the game.

Think he’s actually been okay.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

They've all been yellows.  He's just done his job well.  It hasn't been a dirty game at all, but there's been a few cynical challenges.

The criticism is mad.

The defence of a terrible ref is actual mad part. 

• Haha 1

Just now, bobzy said:

The criticism is mad.

No warnings though, just brings out the yellows. If he carries on like this, which he won't, he'll be sending more than 1 off.

Onana is not going to turn at all with the ball anymore, Cash begging him twice to reverse so he could run down the right, wasn't even looking over there. He's spooked by the two turnovers and afraid he's "lingering" on the ball to get his pocket picked.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I always say as much as I love Digne.

In situations like that, the pace and skill of someone like Maatsen give you an edge and incisiveness.

Agree, Maatsen would be the first change i'd make here. We're getting through them down the left but it's not really amounting to a lot.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The criticism is mad.

Something something Rashford not getting a red card and Joe Stevenson not getting sent off in the 1678 cup final 

Some lovely passing and movement around the box but a few more people putting their foot through it and testing the keeper wouldn’t hurt. You miss 💯 of the shots you don’t take 

• Like 2

Just now, Herman22 said:

The defence of a terrible ref is actual mad part. 

The moaning about them being terrible every week is the mad part...

He's been ok, I disagree with the VAR decision but other than that he's fine, the yellows have mostly been cos the attacker was away without the foul, is what it is

• Like 1