supermon

Probably the most excited I’ve been about a game in a long while. My first home game in almost a decade. Hope we’re not dog dirt. :unsure:

(I’m a glory hunter, I know). 

• Like 3

Felt we conserved quite a lot of energy last night and with a fully fit squad now I’m confident we’ll be fresh enough to win this game. The only concern right now is Bailey and Ramsey not performing to the required standard (particularly Bailey). If he starts I hope he scores because I think a confidence boost will help him get better, although he probably doesn’t deserve to start currently.

Can’t underestimate Bournemouth though who are a decent side and just beat Arsenal. But being at home and with the quality we have throughout the squad now, it will be disappointing if we drop points. 

If we can win then 20 points from our opening 9 games ahead of a tough run of games in November. I’d have taken that in August.

I thought Bournemouth would give us huge issues last season three days after all we put in to beat Lille on penalties.

They played well for first half hour, went 1 up but afterwards we completely dominated and eased to victory.

Given we played Bologna in second gear after being 2-0 up and rested 3/4 regulars it's hard to see anything but a comfortable win.

They have lost 1-0 at Leicester and were terrible at Everton for pretty much all the game before somehow turning it around to win so their pressing style works better on the South Coast.

Think we can win this 2-0 aswell.

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

I think for this I would go:

Emi

Cash Konsa Pau Digne

McGinn Onana Tielemans Ramsey

Rogers Watkins

Bailey, Barkley, Kamara, Duran and Maatsen off the bench 🔥 

Yep - me too. I'd give Bailey a couple of matches to come on as a sub (when we're winning) to try to build back the confidence.

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Probably the most excited I’ve been about a game in a long while. My first home game in almost a decade. Hope we’re not dog dirt. :unsure:

Back to back games for me, looking forward to it 

• Like 1

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers gets a rest. We can't expect him to keep doing what he's doing to that level without a break, and he is due. Maybe Buendia to get a league start finally. Fingers crossed Onana stays alright.

I can see this being another case of 'after the Lord Mayor's show', and us struggling more than we should on paper, like we did against Wolves until late on and against United after the other 2 CL games. Bournemouth showed Arsenal they're not to be trifled with. This is a big banana skin.

But I'll say 3-1 Villa.

Referee: Andy Madley.
Assistants:
Nick Hopton, Mark Scholes.
Fourth official:
Chris Kavanagh.
VAR:
Matt Donohue.
Assistant VAR: Jarred Gillett.

7 hours ago, choffer said:

I appreciate you’re being slightly tongue in cheek, but if you were subjecting yourself with going to Villa around 2014/2015, then you are definitely not a glory hunter.

• Haha 2

Martinez

Cash Carlos Pau Digne

Onana - Tielemans

McGinn Rogers Ramsey

Watkins

Rogers and Tielemans will need a rest some time, but I don't think it will be now.

• Like 1

I don't think this will be our lineup, but I'd like to see Bailey and Ramsey start, for sure, with Duran, McGinn, Jaden, Konsa, and Barkley subbed on. Of course if Bailey or Onana are injured, that's another matter. An alternative would be starting with McGinn instead of Rogers to rest Rogers.

lineup(2).jpg.207e036e3f9d9e86bacc85622473d953.jpg

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't think this will be our lineup, but I'd like to see Bailey and Ramsey start, for sure, with Duran, McGinn, Jaden, Konsa, and Barkley subbed on. Of course if Bailey or Onana are injured, that's another matter. An alternative would be starting with McGinn instead of Rogers to rest Rogers.

lineup(2).jpg.207e036e3f9d9e86bacc85622473d953.jpg

I think Emi will wear a green shirt and shorts

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â