• Kamara (Tielemans 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 24/10/24 at 22:59

First 15 minutes we looked shaky down the right hand side.  Last 15 minutes we looked like we were coasting. The hour in between we looked absolutely sensational.  

So many huge performances, I thought Tielemans ran the show again. Maatsen was great. Rogers must be horrible to play against if you’re an opposition defender. I can’t fault us tonight, what a performance. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We are a legitimately world class team. Maybe not stocked with world class players but the coaching, way we play, positioning, dedication, discipline and structure. Unreal. 

I watched the match on Sky Italia and this was pretty much exactly what their commentary team was saying.  They mentioned how Liverpool also beat Bologna 2-0 at home but that Villa's win was far more comfortable and that Bologna couldn't get near us.  They were hugely impressed with Rogers - to the point of laughing with surprise when he didn't beat the first tackle with about 10 minutes left ("first time he's been stopped this evening") and also talked about what a good goal Duran's was.  If you watch in slow-mo the way he gets half a yard ahead of the marker to get to the ball first is brilliant CF play - and of course it was a great ball in too.  They were really, really impressed by us.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

I thought Emery's use of his squad was exceptional tonight.

Duran and Maatsen would have been hungry to start and he obliged and both did really well. Gave Bailey a chance to play himself into form (although he wasn't great), got Kamara back on the pitch when we were coasting, took no risks with Onana and managed the minutes well with only Martinez, the back 4 and Rogers playing the full 90 so have some freshness for Bournemouth.

The squad is looking so strong now and the competition for places is ridiculous. Will be interesting to see how he manages it moving forwards 

Don't forget sending Mings out to warm up and get the crowd going again - which in turn seemed to mark us start taking control of the midfield.

• Like 2

Much as I've admired Digne's performances this season, Maatsen looks like something else.  Great on the ball in attack and defence. 

Tielemans is a Rolls Royce and Barkley looks like an able backup.

The big thing for me tonight is we rotated and brought on subs and the quality was not diluted at all.  Proper squad now.  

Great win, some of our football tonight was sensational.

For some reason our seats were with some villa legends, I had Brian little sat the row behind me so had a quick chat, has mcinally sat in front, what looked to me like alun Evans in front, plus what looked like a moustache free des bremner ( possibly wasnt) sat next to me.

Met Ian Taylor as he was stood next to me and got a cheeky pic with him.

Great night, great team performance topped off with kamara getting some minutes and doing what he does and big Tyrone warming up.

Only negative was yet another abysmal Bailey performance, he's well and truly back to " for **** sake bailey".

Time for him to get minutes off the bench rather than starting, Emery did.not look happy each time ( and it was multiple) Bailey either gave the ball away, ran into trouble or just completely messed things up.

I want last seasons Bailey back please.

Seems like it might just be me, but that was probably the most mind blowing tiki taka football I’ve ever seen us play… honestly i can’t believe its Villa… i was rubbing my eyes like is this really our club 🥺…but anyway the team chemistry is sensational, everyone knows their role and play for each other.

I think two more wins probably puts us in the top 8… we take each game at a time and remain focused 🤝

Maatsen, Rogers and Tielemans  9/10 🔥

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Seems like it might just be me, but that was probably the most mind blowing tiki taka football I’ve ever seen us play… honestly i can’t believe its Villa… i was rubbing my eyes like is this really our club 🥺…but anyway the team chemistry is sensational, everyone knows their role and play for each other.

I think two more wins probably puts us in the top 8… we take each game at a time and remain focused 🤝

Maatsen, Rogers and Tielemans  9/10 🔥

Were pretty good nowadays 😁 I think  I never really understood the actual importance and impact an actual top manager can really have! The machine is running and I still get the feeling the refinements will make it more efficient! 

Superb performance tonight. Thought Tielemans, Maatsen, Rogers were outstanding and a special mention to a guy who gets plenty of stick on here (and I'm  as guilty of it as anyone) Diego Carlos was fantastic tonight, as he was at the the weekend. Fair play to him.....

lots of good shouts for MOTM.   Emi, Diego, Pau, Ian, Tielamans  (and Onana's half he was quietly dominating) Duran.   But I went for the captain.  Solid match, kept possession well, back from an injury, played for us in the championship, scored the winning goal.  A bit of long term sentimentality in that vote, I know.  But he was excellent all evening (like others) plus those additional points I just listed.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â