What's holding back American "soccer"?

Marka Ragnos

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

what is the american sport equivalent of a work 5 a side kick about down their leisure centre? 

Great question. Is there one? 

30 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm sure basketball has one and is fairly popular too

but American football, baseball, ice hockey etc what's their version of having a kick about? to me its just not something they really do and its what football is at its core

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Beer league baseball, pick up basketball.

American Football is tribalism and appeals to everyone on a primal level. Modern day Gladiators, but there isn't pick up football in the game.

Arena soccer can be popular. In some MLS towns, you're seeing a lot more pick up soccer. I think the game is growing.

I'd like to pick this up after the World Cup. I think Americans, when we can view the game in prime evening tv hours, are going to see another explosion in popularity. I just hope one of our keepers in the system ends up taking the job. There is some talent (Turner was the top guy, Steffan has always had potential, Schulte, Slonina and some others will get there chances.

• Like 1

I think Americans are held back by a few things though European snobbery doesn't help. Was maybe Bradley at Swansea and think was Soccer AM were knocking it as either NBA or NFL scores in sone unfunny segment

Why would you bother caring about a sport that doesnt respect you

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â