Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/24 at 22:59

I'd rate that a very calm and professional performance.  Didn't fall apart when we fell behind, calmly played our way into it and into a position where we were dominating and creating plenty of chances. 

Gave MOTM to Digne, with Ramsey close behind -  they were running Fulham ragged down the left while not allowing Traore to be much of a threat and putting some excellent balls across.   

Rogers finishing let him down again, he got lucky with the one he scored, but missed a sitter.  Great header from Olie.   Pau was far too weak for their goal.  Bailey got fouled twice in the first few minutes and didn't get the foul.  They were also doubling up on him a lot.

I sometimes despair of Cash and his propensity to do stupid things in our area - will he ever learn not to dive into unnecessary risky challenges or run around arms akimbo giving the officials a decision to make?  Yes the ball hit him from close range but he had no need or right to have his arms out like that.  I think that's something like 5 or 6 penalties he's now conceded for us, including our only two this season.  He's either very unlucky or has some bad habits.  

The ref: I think the pen was fair enough given where Cash's arms were, and the Fulham red card looked fair enough.  But the second yellow for Jaden was harsh.  We're told there is meant to be a higher threshold for second yellows and we've seen Rashford, Morsy and Upemacano do much worse against us and be let off in recent games.  No consistency again.

Edited by El Segundo
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, El Segundo said:

I'd rate that a very calm and professional performance.  Didn't fall apart when we fell behind, calmly played our way into it and into a position where we were dominating and creating plenty of chances. 

Gave MOTM to Digne, with Ramsey close behind -  they were running Fulham ragged down the left while not allowing Traore to be much of a threat and putting some excellent balls across.   

Rogers finishing let him down again, he got lucky with the one he scored, but missed a sitter.  Great header from Olie.   Pau was far too weak for their goal.  Bailey got fouled twice in the first few minutes and didn't get the foul.  They were also doubling up on him a lot.

I sometimes despair of Cash and his propensity to do stupid things in our area - will he ever learn not to dive into unnecessary risky challenges or run around arms akimbo giving the officials a decision to make?  Yes the ball hit him from close range but he had no need or right to have his arms out like that.  I think that's something like 5 or 6 penalties he's now conceded for us, including our only two this season.  He's either very unlucky or has some bad habits.  

The ref: I think the pen was fair enough given where Cash's arms were, and the Fulham red card looked fair enough.  But the second yellow for Jaden was harsh.  We're told there is meant to be a higher threshold for second yellows and we've seen Rashford, Morsy and Upemacano do much worse against us and be let off in recent games.  No consistency again.

clumsy and naive....doesn't seem to me, to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

However, the rest of his game was ok.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love this guy. Hopefully continue to see him shouting that many times this season! 

Seems to love playing for us and determined to keep his shirt, love the attitude.

Shows what a bit of competition does.

Great against Fulham.

Edited by TRO

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â