Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/24 at 22:59

Solid win against a pretty competent side.

Rogers is starting to pick up goals & assists to go with his all round game, so that is a huge plus for us going forward. Nice to see Ramsey get an assist & Watkins to get a goal.

Disappointed with the red card for Philogene. That second yellow was soft as shit & if that is the benchmark, we are ending games with 5-a-side in the future.

But overall. Good win, & not too much energy expelled before the Bologna game.

A pretty good day at the office.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

Was in the Fulham end by the Villa fans who were outstanding throughout. Not sure Craven Cottage has heard noise like that, they were equal parts impressed and annoyed and thoroughly dominated on and off the pitch.

Are you....Mr Bishop? :detect:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NeilS said:

Great result away at a team who have been in good form themselves. Very happy with that.

Glad Watkins got another goal, a beaut of a header. One more nearer breaking Gabby’s PL scoring record. 

Referee and Var team looked abysmal, not sure what Cash could do with the ball headed at him from a foot away. So much for Var not re-refereeing. Only when it suits more like.

Also Philogene yellows were a joke, and a disgrace after what we have seen not given to our opponents in recent weeks. If that second yellow was a shove, what about the one Adama did on Digne in the box as he was crossing, should have been a penalty to us if that is the force required for a shove.

Regards the yellows, twice a Fulham player kicked the ball away right in front of the ref and nothing given.

• Like 4

Still one our two wobbles at the back but overall we defended well against a pacy attack. Carlos did well, which was pleasing. 

We overwhelmed Fulham in the end by relentless attacking play that stretched their defence to breaking point on a few occasions. This was a superb display from Tielemans, Rogers, Ramsey and Digne in particular, topped with a goal from Watkins that out of this world - I found myself thinking, “almost worthy of Duran” 🤣

I have a slight worry that we should be converting more goals given the quality of our approach play, and not enough is being created on the right hand side.

But that is for another day. Right now just celebrating a really good win against a side that had been unbeaten at home this season.

Gave Digne MOTM for the way he ruled the left side of the pitch top to bottom. But with a coherent team performance like that, MOTM becomes a bit irrelevant.

Bring on Bologna!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Osirus said:

Shame Mr Bishop had to go home, he missed a great game there

who "bashed the Bishop"?

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Another game that reminded me of Villa back in the day coming up against a top team at home, playing ok and creating chances but coming away with nothing. 

Its just what happens when you come up against the top teams 😊 

different gravy now.

20 hours ago, romavillan said:

Bailey is a big worry, I thought we'd cracked it with him last season, it's a mental thing with him. Something is off, we all know and he knows what he can do, he just needs a goal, some belief and to relax and trust himself.

I agree....Needs to be more direct for me.....and get around the back of teams.

He's making himself too easy a target to negate.

Edited by TRO

As mentioned earlier I think this was our best game innthe league so far this season, and I think we needed it. We haven't been that great so far, but this game I think showed that we're to be counted with this season too. A tough away game that we eventually won pretty comfortably. Despite conceding a soft early goal. And that's what we need to stop. To concede silly goals. Early goals. Once we stop that we will really be a force to fear. Even if it's a really good strength to have to be able to turn games around. I think that once we get Kamara back in full fitness we will improve that too. 

Only Bailey wasn't very good today. He wasn't pure shite and did some good things, but his overall game was quite poor. But having said that I think he looked better than he has for some time now. I have motm to Watkins for the great goal, but also his movements and how he made it hard for their defenders. But really, Tielemans, Digne, Rogers, they are well worthy too.

A good win and now it's Bologna next. I'm still getting used to this. Important and exciting games almost twice a week. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Tielemans maybe the best player, but gave Carlos MOTM since his was probably the best performance over expectation. 

In truth we marshalled them pretty well from a defensive point of view, with the two obvious exceptions. I thought the penalty was a bit harsh given how close the ball was hit from into his arm but I suppose it had to be given. Emi proving the man of the moment, and that was perhaps the key momentum shift in the match. 

Going forward, we weren't perhaps at our absolute best but we were still very good. They struggled to handle Ramsey and Rogers, and all three CBs they had on the pitch at some point will want to forget this match, so all in all nothing to complain about. 

Looking forward to Bologna!

Me too, when I get my bloomin tickets.

20 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Impressive win over an excellent team not quite at their best. 

they were no allowed to be at their best.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Are you kidding me ? Lightweight, lost every 50/50, first touch appalling, spent most of the game rolling around pretending to be hurt, passed the ball to Fulham more than to Villa and just generally contributed nothing. Way out of his depth so far this season.

I agree....and its undoubtedly frustrating, when we know what he can do.

However, He has produced some scintillating performances  for us, but he is clearly off form .....I think he has to find a way, playing himself back in to form.

As much as it pains me to say it....We as a fan base have to support these players through personally difficult times with their form.

He will be back.

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

BBC: "Villa's victory lifted them up to fifth in the table". 

Erm... 

Predictable from them.

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

In light of most of our threat came from the left, I gave MOTM to Lucas.

Been a consummate professional this season, and no mean feat to get back in the French Squad.

Nearly all the outlet balls were met with a great first touch and delivery inside.

His overall game has been impressive for me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Just watched MOTD highlights.  Bailey wasn't on screen once, not once 😆

.........did they mention us? poor reporting.

from watching the highlights, think Jaden's 2nd yellow push was about as much as a push as there was by Jimenez on Pau for their goal, which is to say very very little. Pau should've just hit the ground as the slightest brush as Nelson did.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â