Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/24 at 22:59

35 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Double whammy today ..... three points and (hopefully) never see Bailey in a Villa shirt again ! Yay ! 

Behave. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I watched the game, why would you think that about Bailey? Did I miss something happen off the pitch?

Given he’s just signed a long term contract I doubt it.

Are you kidding me ? Lightweight, lost every 50/50, first touch appalling, spent most of the game rolling around pretending to be hurt, passed the ball to Fulham more than to Villa and just generally contributed nothing. Way out of his depth so far this season.

Good away result against a well drilled outfit. We have still to hit any sort of stride this season but still in fourth having only lost one game in all competitions.

Bailey is struggling for confidence and form, his lack of energy and basic sharpness suggests some underlying issue that he is trying to play out of. Fortunately we now have an entire squad available and we are as strong as at anytime as I can remember. I can’t think of any players other than Tielemans and Digne who is playing at more than 75% of their ability so when this all clicks we may well be some unit, and we might be hopeful of a better season than last year which would be quite something.

Champions League on Tuesday and Bournemouth on the weekend, I am dreaming of two more wins. Wow, what a time to be a Villa fan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Are you kidding me ? Lightweight, lost every 50/50, first touch appalling, spent most of the game rolling around pretending to be hurt, passed the ball to Fulham more than to Villa and just generally contributed nothing. Way out of his depth so far this season.

No, I was wondering if there was something more given that you thought he should never play for the club again.  Yes, he had a bad game otherwise.

40 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

He's injured and playing with injections.

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

That Fulham player who got Jaden sent-off should have owned up and admitted that it was only a nudge.

He should have told the ref that Philogene was not my shover! 😆

I'm just glad that Rashford also got that second yellow card for a more obvious foul two weeks ago. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thought we generally played well but got the rub of the green at key times in order to actually win the game. Considering how well Fulham have started it's a more impressive win than you would have thought coming into the season.

Thought Tielemans was fantastic, as he has been all season. He's been the stand out player on the pitch in the majority of our games this season for me.

Edited by Indigo

Cash has got Motm on the BBC website from the public, with a huge 9.04.

WTF is all that about? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Bailey is a big worry, I thought we'd cracked it with him last season, it's a mental thing with him. Something is off, we all know and he knows what he can do, he just needs a goal, some belief and to relax and trust himself.

I think a lot of it is him trusting his body. If he's not fully fit, he (understandably) won't  push himself too far. He'll  come good again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Cash has got Motm on the BBC website from the public, with a huge 9.04.

WTF is all that about? 😁

It can only  be McGinn not starting  - he seems to inevitably  be our MOTM on the BBC when he does start,  regardless of the game.  

The signs are there.   We are just inches from an offensive juggernaut.  

toelemanns had multiple great passes, partly because the spacing and movement from watkins, rogers, ramsey, digne was so very good.  

referee was horrible in several big calls.  Jaden committed a deliberate foul, but Fulham wanted to play quickly.   If a defender prevents a quick kick, its cautionable.  But the referee called back a perfect restart to give a card.  

the second yellow on jaden was a joke.  At least it proved that red card to fulham was not excessive.  Fulham cannot complain.   I dont think you can appeal a second caution.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

That Fulham player who got Jaden sent-off should have owned up and admitted that it was only a nudge.

He should have told the ref that Philogene was not my shover! 😆

Best comment of the day

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â