Villa Fan in Texas

TheGeneral

I am a new Villa fan.  Born, bred,  in Texas.  I have casually followed international football for some time.  The American sports teams I follow are no longer run by incompetents and troglodytes (University of Texas Longhorns, Houston Astros, Texans, and Rockets), so I felt like I had the emotional bandwidth to take on another fandom.  I asked a mate who avidly follows the Premier League (and every other league it seems) to name some teams based on the following criteria:

• No Big Six
  • Not likely to be in a relegation battle this year
  • Some young talent to follow as they progress
  • Preferably, an exciting style of play

He came up with West Ham, Leicester City, and Aston Villa.  West Ham were immediately eliminated as they were the villains in Ted Lasso.  I read both the Leicester and Villa history's and it seems like Leicester sack a manager every solstice, which I don't much fancy.  I liked the history of Aston Villa and what I read about Emery.  I honestly had no idea that they had finished fourth last year or they were in the Champions League until after I told him I had chose Villa.  To be perfectly honest, I couldn't have told you how clubs qualified for the Champions League 6 months ago.  

I spent the summer reading everything I could about Villa, Emery, the players.  I watched a few matches from last year that were still available on Peacock.  

Now, I am totally obsessed.  Not sure if it is a good thing.

UTV