Thomas Tuchel - England Manager

stewiek2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

in germany its a lot more regulated and structured (the shock!) 

football in general is more about signing for a club and those clubs owning the facilities, the clubs may be linked to schools etc or share the facilities but from my experience here rather than the UK they don't have general use pitches, they don't have leisure centres in the same (and that goes for all sports) i genuinely don't have a clue if they have an over arching equivalent of sport england, its not a case of 10 like minded lads at work want a kick about go rent a pitch for an hour, and then of course all of those clubs have their coaches*

years back when it was sven and capello there were stats around how many people did their badges and england was miles behind the other major european nations, costs were blamed, i thought part of st george's was to try and fix that but thats not being seen yet

and then like you say we put a lot of emphasis on ex players whereas again using Germany as the example tuchel, klopp, nagelsmann, flick, low, streich, they're all ex footballers but not succesful ones, as much as anything else there seems to be a trend that they had injury problems in their career and did their badges and coaching around their injuries, instead in english football we get clowns like micah richards, what did jack wilshere do when his career went down the pan? sat on his money and eventually disappeared, seemingly if he was german he would be a coach by now

* it is a killer though, the over 35 vets team in my village do 2 proper bibs and cone training sessions a week and then a league game on a sunday, they cant just have a fun kick about for an hour, its still proper coaching drills, i aint got time for that shit

I think one of the issues up and coming managers/coaches have in England is our reserve league isn't taken seriously enough. Pep, Klopp, etc all started managing 'B teams' and eventually getting the top job. Other than caretaker positions you hardly ever see internal promotions of coaches

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I think one of the issues up and coming managers/coaches have in England is our reserve league isn't taken seriously enough. Pep, Klopp, etc all started managing 'B teams' and eventually getting the top job. Other than caretaker positions you hardly ever see internal promotions of coaches

Only Pep did, and the Barca B team play in the 2nd/3rd tier, so would be no different than managing a Championship or League 1 team.

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

All those bed wetting over him being foreign and German would be wanking themselves silly with joy if it was Pep as England manager.

Said that to some of the blokes at work who were ‘upset’ we have employed a German. They had no response… 

• Like 2

happy with Tuchel as a manager, but i think international football should be about your strength as a country. It should be an English manager, not because i hate other nationalities but because else where do you draw the line. 

We should be able to produce good english players,

We should be able to produce good english coaches. 

International football should test us on the statements above.

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

All those bed wetting over him being foreign and German would be wanking themselves silly with joy if it was Pep as England manager.

The hypocrisy is staggering and not the least bit suprising. Just a day ago from the Mail:

spacer.png

Tuchel has to "swear allegiance". They would not do this to Pep. It's purely because he's German. 

spacer.png

A little disappointing it didn't go to Carsley. But he can go back to the U21's and hopefully win another tournament or two and then he might be ready for the main gig. I'm not expecting anything massively different with Tuchel, except maybe some slight tweaks in tactics and personnel. Only thing now is the media and whether they're going to go full on mental breakdown like they did with Sven or Capello everytime we draw or "should have beaten comfortably". Why can't we just get behind the whole team and support them, like the country is supposed to. Imagine winning a major tournament, and beating the Germans in the final, on penalties with a German coach!!! 🤣

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The hypocrisy is staggering and not the least bit suprising. Just a day ago from the Mail:

spacer.png

Tuchel has to "swear allegiance". They would not do this to Pep. It's purely because he's German. 

spacer.png

Backlash......from themselves!? Cringe headlines as usual. Everyone out on the streets protesting?!

56 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Look forward to our next group containing France, Germany and Brazil after years of Southgate wasting the piss easy draws

Yeah, you just know Southgate used up 3 managers worth of favourable draws.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's not a single other sport that requires managers to have been born in the country they manage. It's just not an issue. 

We're also far from the only country towards the top of the FIFA rankings to either have a foreign manager or have had one recently.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â