Thomas Tuchel - England Manager

stewiek2

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Klopp is a winner at every team he managed, Tuchel is not. Tuchel ok at PSG where he signed Mbappe and had easilythe best team in the league over his two seasons he won only french domestic honors. Only Chelsea and Dortmund did he win 3 other trophies. The champions league and uefa Super cup at Chelsea. The German FA cup equivalent at Dortmund. His CV isn't particularly impressive when average managers like Laurent Blanc won everything in Fance at PSG.

Tuchel has won a trophy at the last four clubs he managed

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There are probably a large number of valid arguments for "Tuchel isn't the best manager and here's why...", I just take issue with "well he plays a similar style of football so what's the point".

We have a squad of players at England who play for clubs that play a high line, control possession and press high. So a counter attacking style with 3 at the back (Southgate and Tuchel's preference) isn't right for the team. You can't get the best out of guys like Palmer, Foden, and so on like that. 

So for me it is an issue. Along with Tuchel not being a top manager. 

I'd also prefer an English manager. 

Basically to sum up, we have hired a decent manager (not top manager), that plays uninspiring football that doesn't play to the strengths of the players, or the style they're used to playing, that rubs people up the wrong way, and is German!

It's like Villa hiring Alex Mcleish!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tuchel has won a trophy at the last four clubs he managed

What did he win at Bayern? 

At PSG it's harder to not win, so I don't think is counts. Chelsea he had an excellent squad in the best league in the world. Bayern he had the third best squad in the world and still got beat to the title by Bayer. He is decent, but not top!

Comparing to Southgate, yes his record is far better, but Southgate has a far smaller sample size. In addition unlike Southgate, he isn’t as good a man manager, even if he is better tactically. Tuchel is overrated I've thought this for years. He fails to prove me wrong!

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

At PSG it's harder to not win, so I don't think is counts. Chelsea he had an excellent squad in the best league in the world. Bayern he had the third best squad in the world and still got beat to the title by Bayer. He is decent, but not top!

Comparing to Southgate, yes his record is far better, but Southgate has a far smaller sample size. In addition unlike Southgate, he isn’t as good a man manager, even if he is better tactically. Tuchel is overrated I've thought this for years. He fails to prove me wrong!

He won the Bundesliga after Nagelsmann nearly choked it to Dortmund

The FA are terrible at picking managers. The only credit I give them is hiring Southgate (unfortunately they **** that up by not firing him when they should have), because despite my dislike of the football played, and the fact he is a bottle job, Southgate picked England off the floor. He refreshed the squad, brought in young talent, and created a dressing room that had great togetherness. If Southgate had resigned after the Italy defeat in the Euros final, we would all praise the job he did. But he hung around and stunk the place out.

The FA are dinosaurs, and they constantly hire managers playing outdated tactical styles, usually with an emphasis on getting men behind the ball and playing on the counter.

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

But in his only full season he won nothing. And Bayern were still top when Tuchel took over from Nagelsman.

they were 2nd when Tuchel took over and he beat Dortmund in his first match to go top

Just now, AndyClarke said:

This is going one of 2 ways, sacked inside a year or World Cup winner.

Am sure the Daily Mail or The Scum are currently researching his family history for a scandal a relative did back in the 40s and naturally blame Tuchel

51 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Bayern was his own doing too, moaned like **** about the squad and transfers, moaned about kimmich (who is world class in 2 positions, played most the season at RB, look at what he was Vs us as a DMC) and goretzka (who fair enough is on a slippery slope to nowhere at the moment) 2 senior Germans in the dressing room

Couldn't fix their defence at all last season, it was a mess every week as he chopped and changed it, which was surprising given his start at Chelsea and CL win was based around an amazing defence, I was only half joking about Dier, he was their best CB most of the time I saw them 

Bayern downed tools big time for him, so did Chelsea, to an extent so did PSG

He can't hide behind the transfer policy at England - but at the same time he can't moan at everyone about it either 

Will be interesting to see which players end up being his guys and how stubborn he is over them which at club level is seemingly his downfall

Im not arsed if the England manager is English, but I do find it disappointing we still aren't able to develop coaches of a required standard.

I'm not sure how we solve the Venn diagram of English managers not getting opportunities at the top clubs because they aren't good enough and not having the experiences to get the opportunities to become good enough.

Im pleasantly surprised they went for Tuchel, I thought they might have gone with Howe.

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Am sure the Daily Mail or The Scum are currently researching his family history for a scandal a relative did back in the 40s and naturally blame Tuchel

Oh you can see the headlines now when we have an iffy qualification draw or lose a tournament game under him. Only in Engerlund

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He partly left Chelsea because he was going through a divorce and I believe one of the papers has predictably dragged that up for one of the editions tomorrow. Our tabloids just bring it on themselves sometimes. 

35 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Im not arsed if the England manager is English, but I do find it disappointing we still aren't able to develop coaches of a required standard.

I'm not sure how we solve the Venn diagram of English managers not getting opportunities at the top clubs because they aren't good enough and not having the experiences to get the opportunities to become good enough.

Im pleasantly surprised they went for Tuchel, I thought they might have gone with Howe.

I think in normal circumstances they'd have gone for Howe but after Southgate era a tactically astute coach who's won stuff is needed more so Tuchel is most realistic out there.

If he can finally get England to win something in next four years then afterwards you can revert back to domestic coach to build something more long term. Carsley might've had a job in the premier league by then so would be deemed more ready if he isn't a disaster. 

I think they'd have probably waited but after the abject performance against Greece they wanted to make an appointment quickly before the next international break. Pointless hanging around when Tuchel was available and Carsley ruled himself out for the slight chance Pep would havre taken the job. Howe was a possibility but not got the credentials of Tuchel. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â