Thomas Tuchel - England Manager

stewiek2

Just now, foreveryoung said:

You half hour late chap 😂

Was waiting for an official source and just spotted on the beeb.

I do like how the FA completely abandon their structured plans at St George’s and bring in a big name.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Only negative. He loves Kane. Be prepared for him to never be dropped, I bet Watkin's is well happy 🤦‍♂️

And Eric Dier...

Interested to see how the criticisms of him in club football work in international football, he hasn't got a director of football to fall out with or a transfer policy to moan about 

The squad is there, it's good enough to win something as 2 finals show

Personally I don't rate him and players don't play for him but we'll see

The job of England manager is to mould a group of top level footballers, and Pickford, into a team.

Individually we have known for a long time they are good enough to win trophies but it’s getting them working as a unit that is the difficult part. For some reason each England manager feels like they need to reinvent the game when things get tense rather than just doing the basics well. 

I don’t really know enough about Tuchel tbh to have a view on how suited for the role I think he will be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The job of England manager is to mould a group of top level footballers, and Pickford, into a team.

Individually we have known for a long time they are good enough to win trophies but it’s getting them working as a unit that is the difficult part. For some reason each England manager feels like they need to reinvent the game when things get tense rather than just doing the basics well. 

I don’t really know enough about Tuchel tbh to have a view on how suited for the role I think he will be.

For me it's just round pegs in round holes, get them smiling and send them out full of confidence 

Every England manager in my lifetime has failed with the first, I think he won't, he'll fail with the second 

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

For me it's just round pegs in round holes, get them smiling and send them out full of confidence 

Every England manager in my lifetime has failed with the first, I think he won't, he'll fail with the second 

Exactly, pick the best player for each position. 

If you have 2 or 3 quality players for a single position then 2 of them have to sit out, don’t force them into a different position just to get them on the pitch, again, easy…

Just now, Genie said:

Exactly, pick the best player for each position. 

If you have 2 or 3 quality players for a single position then 2 of them have to sit out, don’t force them into a different position just to get them on the pitch, again, easy…

I'd say the hardest positions are the full backs 

LB because theres hardly anything there

RB because we need a system that gets the most out of TAA which involves pushing him further forward and not overly depending on him defending, use him like unai used moreno but at the same time we have a lot of RB depth and not all of them can play like that 

Other than that the whole team is relatively simple 

• Like 1

I think he'll suit international management. Doesn't have the day to day interaction with the players and board.

Anyone that doesn't buy into his methods though will be waiting a while to be picked again.

Thought he was harshly treated by Chelsea too. Took them a long while and a few billion quid to reach the same levels in the league.

On paper, the best manager we've had since Capello, not that he worked out too well.

I'm just pleased they've gone out for a high calibre manager rather than going for the unproven bloke from the U21s, let's see what he can do.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Is no one scared he might just build the team around Kane, like he did in the last season at Bayern.

If he's got any sense he builds it around Bellingham 

But I've got no problem with kane, on his day he's still top top class, there's 3 things with him, he has to stop the Roy of the rovers bullshit, he has to be dropped if he's not fit and a genuine back up has to be given a chance to develop, we will play 10 world cup qualifiers at a guess, kane should starting 4 or 5 of them tops, not Malta at home like the last clown did and then moan about lack of experience in other players afterwards 

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Is no one scared he might just build the team around Kane, like he did in the last season at Bayern.

Kane is an incredible goalscorer. My only issue with Kane playing is when he picks himself even though he’s injured.

• Like 1

Come here to rant and moan about Tuchel. I simply don't rate the guy. He got lucky once and won the champions league, with a team built by another manager. 

Horrible counter attacking style. Going to play Kane every game. Even though Kane is a fantastic player, he isn’t right for England, we need a striker that will stretch teams. Playing Bellingham, Palmer, Saka, Grealish, or Foden in a three behind Kane will never work unless we play average teams that can only sit deep and park the bus. 

None of England's current wide players and no 10's want to run beyond Kane or have the pace to do so (except Saka, who drops very deep to protect his fullback so can't get beyond Kane as a result). And then they have the added problem of Kane dropping deep into the no 10 position and getting in the way of the proper no 10.

This is basically like hiring Sven and Cappello all over again. Good managers that have won things but all wrong for the players they have at their disposal. In fact Cappello and Sven were better than Tuchel ever will be.

The FA is a dinosaur convention, sack the lot of them!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â