Fake Tech

Xann

ProductImageSize_591x700copy.jpg.0a202e4babe653dbb3b7adb70cadebbb.jpg

These rechargeable 18650 batteries are used in loads of kit: vapes, Tesla cars and the more powerful torches.

The pair in my head torch which have served well for a good few years aren't holding their charge anymore, so checked where I bought them last time, Argos. They're not selling them anymore. Ok what about Screwfix, Toolstation, Tesco, Sainsbury? No. Ebay, yes, loads. Great. Authenticity guarantee? No. Seriously?

I already knew they were widely faked from the electronic engineers' groups on FB, but I hadn't realised just how many retailers had simply stopped selling them too. A quick check on the 18650 Reddit recommended totally avoiding Ebay, Amazon and Aliexpress.

Obviously they are quite easily obtainable online, but you should be conscious that the major retailers' reluctance to stock this very popular battery type is fairly damning, the cells in the vape shop around the corner may not be what they seem?

th-2251954365.jpg.fa56781e8aa1f8fa5b032b3671f8e581.jpg

I'll probably look at Radio Spares (RS), cos I'd hope they'll be wise to the clever fakers from the Orient. Otherwise I'd be carefully checking reviews of the battery and vape retailers before any purchase.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â