Villa & SHA Both Confirmed At Home

Kingman

1 hour ago, wedge said:

@Follyfoot

You bring the daggers, I'll bring the shields and armour.

This last happened about 1985 when we had West Ham at home. There was a mass ‘collision’ by the fire station. They don’t like to talk about this one still😉

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

This last happened about 1985 when we had West Ham at home. There was a mass ‘collision’ by the fire station. They don’t like to talk about this one still😉

I do find their memories to be very...shall we say....selective.

• Like 2

i enjoyed my wee drink in town post bayern. will i be allowed for this game?

to be fair we're all apparently too scared to drink in town so they probably wouldn't believe me if i told them i was villa

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

to be fair we're all apparently too scared to drink in town so they probably wouldn't believe me if i told them i was villa

All jokes aside, and obviously we play on it and over-exaggerate it because it's one of many ridiculous lulu fables designed to just get cheap bites as they've not got much else to try and chirp on about over us - but speaking on a serious note - I genuinely don't ever see that the city centre pubs are anywhere near as rammed when they play at home versus when we do. Of course a lot more people attend VP on a matchday than the sty but outside of the pubs in Digbeth and Hennessey's (which I think are the 'pubs in town' they mainly refer to and expect us to drink at - which actually every time I've been to Hennessey's on a Villa matchday it's full of punters wearing claret and blue) I actually think out of the two clubs it's their fanbase that are the most 'drink in town' adverse.

On the topic of the upcoming evening of the Bologna match and their pub league kickabout at the sty - I can't imagine a scenario where, for example, you've got groups of both well-oiled Villa and SHA fans in say, the Briar Rose or Square Peg, and less than savoury incidents don't occur. It seems a mad decision by WMP, but maybe they think times have moved on from the 80s/90s/00s? From that article in the original post, they seem to be adopting the stance of 'we'll be absolutely everywhere so when inevitably disorder does break out we'll be all over it quickly' but they haven't half caused themselves a headache and let's not forget that it won't just be football fans in our city centre that evening...

Edited by wedge

23 hours ago, wedge said:

All jokes aside, and obviously we play on it and over-exaggerate it because it's one of many ridiculous lulu fables designed to just get cheap bites as they've not got much else to try and chirp on about over us - but speaking on a serious note - I genuinely don't ever see that the city centre pubs are anywhere near as rammed when they play at home versus when we do. Of course a lot more people attend VP on a matchday than the sty but outside of the pubs in Digbeth and Hennessey's (which I think are the 'pubs in town' they mainly refer to and expect us to drink at - which actually every time I've been to Hennessey's on a Villa matchday it's full of punters wearing claret and blue) I actually think out of the two clubs it's their fanbase that are the most 'drink in town' adverse.

On the topic of the upcoming evening of the Bologna match and their pub league kickabout at the sty - I can't imagine a scenario where, for example, you've got groups of both well-oiled Villa and SHA fans in say, the Briar Rose or Square Peg, and less than savoury incidents don't occur. It seems a mad decision by WMP, but maybe they think times have moved on from the 80s/90s/00s? From that article in the original post, they seem to be adopting the stance of 'we'll be absolutely everywhere so when inevitably disorder does break out we'll be all over it quickly' but they haven't half caused themselves a headache and let's not forget that it won't just be football fans in our city centre that evening...

Absolutely, They know exactly where we will be on match days and what pubs we drink in the town but they choose to stay in Digbeth! 

Funny that ehh. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Absolutely, They know exactly where we will be on match days and what pubs we drink in but they choose to stay in Digbeth! 

Funny that ehh. 

The ‘Danger Zone’ as they call it 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

From what I understand, Champions league games are immovable objects, WMP and/or small heath asked for their game to be moved, but Bolton insisted it stay where it is.

How are Bologna?

I'm Suprised the request of Bolton supersedes the Safety Concerns of WMP that now sees a major Police operation being planned that needs extra resources drafting in from other forces.

Maybe Greater Manchester Police Force should support on Boltons behalf and Bolton pick up the bill rather than Villa/SHA and The Tax payer!.. 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2024 at 21:36, OutByEaster? said:

From what I understand, Champions league games are immovable objects, WMP and/or small heath asked for their game to be moved, but Bolton insisted it stay where it is.

How are Bologna?

bolton shouldnt have had a say safety grounds come first

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

bolton shouldnt have had a say safety grounds come first

It used to be the police that had final say but now it's probably Sky. And now sky sports+ shows the EFL games even fewer will be moved for safety reasons.

Leicester V Forest on Friday evening is a prime example

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GrootVilla said:

Masssssive league one game for them whilst we play in a nothing competition.

We are lucky they are not at home playing in the Papa John’s, they would’ve took over Villa Park and beamed  the game live to STANS whilst we had to play our Champions League game at Boodymoor  Heath

Isn't that the Old Crown in Digbeth? Surely it can't be as on every other social media post of fans of a team from overseas who play at Villa Park I see SHA fans commenting saying "this wouldn't be allowed to happen if this was Blues" etc 🤔 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wedge said:

Isn't that the Old Crown in Digbeth? Surely it can't be as on every other social media post of fans of a team from overseas who play at Villa Park I see SHA fans commenting saying "this wouldn't be allowed to happen if this was Blues" etc 🤔 

What wouldn't be allowed to happen? A photo taken somewhere outside a pub? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â