Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/10/24 at 22:59

Positives then:

Got a point

didnt lose

clean sheet

chelsea didn’t win either

Cash, an actual senior proper RB returned and did ok.

Didnt get shafted by the ref.

International break are always welcome when you’ve got a load of injuries.

• Like 1

We've ran out of steam, but I think that's as much to do with the fact we have so many injuries, and players coming into the first eleven with little match fitness and minutes.

Could have been much worse.

Be good to get injured players back after the international break.

• Like 1

Yes with a bit of reflection it's not a bad result today, helped by Chelsea also drawing. We need a rest and reset a bit. 

Got to improve performances either side of euro games though, whether that's squad rotation or what I dunno but today we were drained and last week we weren't fully focused on the game infront of us. We do that for all the euro weeks we'll drop a lot more points

It's an example of why I think we will have a season a bit like Newcastle's last year, we already are creaking a bit.  The only complaint we can have is that they should have been down to 10 and even today I think we would have won it, as we would at Ipswich last week.  As it is I will take a draw gladly.

• Like 1

Frustrating game, just didn't happen in final third in any way. Clean sheet is good, but they were definitely there for taking. Perhaps to be expected after the highs of Weds night, but still feels a missed opportunity. Would've hoped for 4pts+ from last 2.

Motm would have to be one of the defenders. Cash and Carlos did well in circumstances, one back from injury and one having to come on just 10 mins in.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

It's an example of why I think we will have a season a bit like Newcastle's last year, we already are creaking a bit.  The only complaint we can have is that they should have been down to 10 and even today I think we would have won it, as we would at Ipswich last week.  As it is I will take a draw gladly.

Come on, we're 3 points off the 2 clubs everyone thinks will win the league

1 minute ago, Digavilla said:

Rogers had one of his poorest game 

Frustrating. A very wasteful player. It's like he's clowning around half the time.

We don't have the ball enough for him to piss about and lose it in the manner he does.

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But it wasn't a loss.

We lost from 2-0 up last season, when united were on a shit run.

I’m not talking about our performance. I’m talking about the game itself

39 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

The R&R thread is the new Match thread with Hot Taeks like this.

Hope so. Match threads don't get enough praise for being the only good opinions round here.

34 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ll take that after the exhaustion of the Bayern game . A game we have a poor record in and a game we could have quite easily lost after the heroics of Wednesday night. A point gained imo . People may look at the Ipswich game the week before where we only drew but there’s no easy games on the road . We are moving along nicely . That wasn’t us full strength today either. 

100%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Jesus Christ.

Sorensen was **** wank. Can't believe he has as many clean sheets as Emi.

Emi should already have many, many more but often let down by the defence and inability to consistently keep goals out… hopefully we are and will keep improving in that sense.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â