Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/10/24 at 22:59

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

We’ve dropped 4 points from two matches against teams we should be beating this week. We can’t be doing that each European week or we won’t be in Europe again next season.

Exactly, against two of the bottom 6. Really poor the last two Sundays. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I thought our build up play at times was great. We also at times broke with pace and held a very good defensive line. I United didn’t offer much. But I think if look at the game in its totality there’s positives but it was poor from both sides. But in no way shape or form a 0/10 performance as some have claimed. People are entitled to their views but that wasn’t my viewing of it. Frustrating absolutely but not a disaster either. More frustrated by the Ipswich game. 

I think the difference is that Ipswich were well up for it, wanted to attack us and we just completely stopped playing in the second half.

Whereas this was a Man Utd side who had basically no intention of playing any sort of attacking football and were there for the taking... but we did nothing.

• Like 1

Utd were lucky we had so many out. Onana, Kamara, Mcginn not available so Barkley, a derth of bench options elsewhere, the Bayern game midweek (they also had europe, but the high of it). I really really hope we have saved 10 words removed job. 

Hate to say it, but mental fatigue and injuries have probably just made a win against a desperate ManU one bridge too far this week. Keeping up the level of intensity and focus is just very hard for a team that hasn't played in the CL for so long. Take the point and head to the break. We've earned a rest and refit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Worse I’ve seen under unai that, we never looked like scoring, Barkley isn’t a starter slowed everything up, cash again not got a clue defensively the amount of times rashford or garnacho was free behind him today

Actually thought Barkley was Villa's best player.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

I think the difference is that Ipswich were well up for it, wanted to attack us and we just completely stopped playing in the second half.

Whereas this was a Man Utd side who had basically no intention of playing any sort of attacking football and were there for the taking... but we did nothing.

I agree about the passivity - I thought we’d be a little more adventurous in the second half. That was frustrating I agree. I’m just surprised Ollie and Morgan stayed on. Could have tried Buendia behind Duran and try and unlock their defence. United looked scared every time we ran at them but we didn’t do enough of that. It was a tactical decision and I am curious as to what Unai will say. 

It says something when Man Utd come to town and play for a 0-0.  Barkley edged MOM for me as he nullified the threat of rat boy.

I thought we could have made a couple of the subs a bit sooner and tried to put their defence under a little more pressure.

However, being disappointed with a point against Utd is a good thing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Stinker. United get the point to keep baldy in a job for another 2 years.

Not sure about that?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â