Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/10/24 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

People doing it for effect. Not needed tbh. Game wasn’t nearly as bad as they claim. 

Nothing for us to worry about, one of those days. It was a dreadful game though.

• Haha 4

Just now, bobzy said:

I'm not sure I can remember a single shot on target or even close (maybe Jaden's shot against Dalot counts?).

It was a really poor game of football.

Emi made a couple of saves from Rashford, Onana made one from Tielemens.  That's about it

Gave Barkley MOTM as he was tidy in his play but for the rest it was very poor against a side there for the taking.

Lacked any real quality going forward while Philogene whom I like needs to show more confidence in his play taking the FB on rather than taking the safe option inside.

I suppose the only other observation can be that Villa picked up a point in a game against Man U!

Edited by striker

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

The reason I dislike cash is those stupid little flicks he does constantly and nearly cost us right at the start of the game.  For me RB is the position we are weakest in.

I agree, but he was also the only(?) player who was actively trying to speed things up and get forward.  The stupid little flick he did to Barkley gave us a great attacking position.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

As good as Bayern was this was the polar opposite.  Expected things like this being in the ECL for the first time.  Our squad simply isn't big or strong enough for the volume of games

I hate PSR with a fiery passion.

• Like 1

Disappointing game, very boring to watch.

Our head to head record against Man Yoo doesn’t get any better.

Two positives are it’s our first clean sheet of the season and we’ll have some injured players back after the international break.

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 1

So… we’re hoping to have 6 players back (please don’t be serious injury for Ezri) after the break and hopefully improve Leon’s fitness and sharpness in time for the next game (watch him fire again).

We may get to see these beauts:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

Emi made a couple of saves from Rashford, Onana made one from Tielemens.  That's about it

Onana from Tielemans - fair.  The only shot we had on target was one from 25 yards.  That's a failed attacking game right there.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I'm not sure I can remember a single shot on target or even close (maybe Jaden's shot against Dalot counts?).

It was a really poor game of football.

I thought our build up play at times was great. We also at times broke with pace and held a very good defensive line. I United didn’t offer much. But I think if look at the game in its totality there’s positives but it was poor from both sides. But in no way shape or form a 0/10 performance as some have claimed. People are entitled to their views but that wasn’t my viewing of it. Frustrating absolutely but not a disaster either. More frustrated by the Ipswich game. 

I’ll take a point  and clean sheet against that lot no matter how much drama they are supposedly going through.  We did well to adjust to Ez going off so early, Jaden probably should have scored at the end but the first quarter of the season in on the books and I’m pretty happy with how it’s gone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I hate PSR with a fiery passion.

Me too mate… imagine the extra quality and options we would have were NSWE free to spend for and back Unai to the degree they want.

• Sad 1

Worse I’ve seen under unai that, we never looked like scoring, Barkley isn’t a starter slowed everything up, cash again not got a clue defensively the amount of times rashford or garnacho was free behind him today

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â