Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/10/24 at 22:59

Bit flat, but our engine-room (centre mid) is a bit of a patchwork without McGinn and Onana, right now.

Rogers had a real bad day at the office today. Looked well off it.

• Like 1

Average game and the intentional break hopefully allows us to get a few players back and get a few others fully fit ..

If Jaden had just side footed that back across the  goal into the  net instead of going for power we’d have had all 3 but he probably thought power was the way to go 

on the plus side , rat boy didn’t get to cheat us , and we kinda ended our recent jinx against them 

Edited by tonyh29

I don't think it's as bad as some are making out. 

Yes, we were a bit flat but they came here and weren't far off Sheffield Utd tactics last season. 

Carlos was again faultless when he came on and Barkley played very well. Rogers, Bailey, Watkins all a bit off the pace. 

We would have lost that 3 seasons ago, so take a point, move on and get some bodies back in the squad. 

• Like 4

Thing is, top 5 will get CL this season, the new format for UCL and EL mean we'll get one of the top 2 spots. Especially as Chelsea B team should walk the ECL

So we have Chelsea, Spurs, Newcaste and maybe United to battle with for 2 places. 

Negative: Utd were so poor and we couldnt beat them. We look tired and off the pace. With chelsea drawing this is such a big opportunity wasted. 

Positive: Tied on points with chelsea in 4th with hopefully Ramsey, Onana, Kamara, Mings, Konsa (Maybe) returning the the squad after the int break.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I thought Cash played pretty well tbh.

Rogers' end product was atrocious; worst I've seen by any player I think.  His game up until that point was good, though.

The reason I dislike cash is those stupid little flicks he does constantly and nearly cost us right at the start of the game.  For me RB is the position we are weakest in.

• Like 1

Actually not that disappointed with a point at home against United given our injuries and they normally beat us. 

Hopefully it allows us some time now to get some players back for our next game in a couple of weeks.

Could be worse - 5th in the league and 2 wins out 2 in the Champions League!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

People doing it for effect. Not needed tbh. Game wasn’t nearly as bad as they claim. 

I'm not sure I can remember a single shot on target or even close (maybe Jaden's shot against Dalot counts?).

It was a really poor game of football.

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

The reason I dislike cash is those stupid little flicks he does constantly and nearly cost us right at the start of the game.  For me RB is the position we are weakest in.

It is 100% our weakest position, but he is twice the fullback that Konsa is, and having a proper rightback again with Konsa back to the middle was a breath of fresh air, IMO.

It should absolutely be our top priority to strengthen, but we'll probably buy another leftback again. 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Average game and the intentional break hopefully allows us to get a few players back and get a few others fully fit ..

If Jaden had just side footed that back across the  goal into the  net instead of going for power we’d have had all 3 but he probably thought power was the way to go 

on the plus side , rat boy didn’t get to cheat us , and we kinda ended our recent jinx against them 

Bailey scores that one, as bad as he’s been. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â