Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/10/24 at 22:59

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Four sets of substitutions, three yellow cards, a delay for a knock to Carlos and umpteen free kicks, including the ones that take ages to set up where rat hit the bar and Digne blazed over.

Then the ref left the pitch for almost seven minutes.

And added six.

The rest is I guess subjective, he might have given United everything because he felt those were the right decisions, but the timekeeping wants looking at, he stopped the game when we had a bit of momentum and ended it at a time where only one team was ever going to win it.

I hope it's something the club formally complain about.

I've lost count of how many times I've moaned on here about added time.

It's a complete joke. Not biased against us, just in general. It's completely unfit for purpose.

I rewatched the Bayern game on Thursday. Between Emi's fake injury and the build up for Kane's freekick, the ball was in play for genuinely about 20 seconds of the 5+ minutes added time

Obviously I'm thrilled about that :D But it's yet more examples of it being completely wrong all the time

And like everything in football, they made a move to correct it by making added time longer, as it should be, and a few people didn't like it so they just slowly changed their mind and put it back to the way it was

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

In the Prem we have played 7 won 4 draw 2 lost 1. Same as Chelsea. An they are being raved as the 2nd coming.

Also 3 points off Arsenal and City, who are God's among other teams.

Not to shoddy still I'd say.

You're right, it's not too shoddy.

But context is important. We haven't been that convincing, having to come from behind in every game we've won.
And we've only played one team in the current top 10, who we lost to.

I'm not complaining. I'm absolutely thrilled at where we are and I see it as a positive in a weird way, because I think it shows we have a gear to move up to, and when we do we'll be even better. So to be getting those results while we're slightly off it is good.

But I think it's important to point out that the results don't tell the whole story

I haven't seen Rashford and Garnacho track back like they did yesterday for a long long time. I think they put pretty much everything into that game and by their own standards they played pretty well defensively. Whilst we were kinda the opposite. 

Edited by PieFacE

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But context is important. We haven't been that convincing, having to come from behind in every game we've won.

I'm not complaining. I'm absolutely thrilled at where we are and I see it as a positive in a weird way, because I think it shows we have a gear to move up to, and when we do we'll be even better. So to be getting those results while we're slightly off it is good.

But I think it's important to point out that the results don't tell the whole story

You could argue, Arsenal have been scraping through too.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You could argue, Arsenal have been scraping through too.

I mean you could, but their "scraping through" has included results against Brighton, Man City, Spurs and Villa.

We've only played one team in that sort of group, and we lost

Like I said I'm not complaining. But I'm also not being complacent just because we got results

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Steve, this may be the biggest indicator of our progress under Unai. In the bad old days we wanted the agony to end asap and it was incredible how slow that time would pass.
Nowadays it’s an opportunity to add more goals, especially our Jhon! 😀

appended to the wrong post. Doh!

Edited by Lochheads twin
User error! 😀
  • Like 1

Some tired legs out there at the end. Also a few injures before and during the game which didn't help.

I think a draw was fair for both teams with a couple of chances each.

Ref should have sent Rashford off, second yellow but didn't due to Rat Boys previous two sending off!. Just ref the game your in not previous ones.

Anyway good time for a break, get a few back and start again.

UTV

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Hard to know what to make of that game.

People complaining about the ref - he was fine tbh. I didn’t agree with all of his decisions, but nothing stood out as an obvious game changing howler.

Given we were missing McGinn, Onana, Ramsey and then Konsa, I thought it was somewhat understandable (from Emery’s perspective) that we didn’t take control of the game.

What really pissed me off were the set pieces. We had so many set pieces and I only remember one that was vaguely threatening (a nice corner routine that got played along to Tielemans).

I had Barkley MOTM, but Tielemans and Martinez also played well.

Diego Costa was good off the bench after taking pelters recently.

Duran came on too late imo.

Our squad probably isn’t deep enough to handle this fixture schedule so we might see quite a few of these off days this season. Need reinforcements and need Kamara & Mings back asap.

I think he had a decent game up until the 2nd Rashford foul and then not giving Rashford a 2nd yellow and a subsequent red card.

Thats a game changing howler. It was such an obvious yellow card as well and he just simply gave the free kick and ignored it. Even Ten Hag new as he took Rashford off straight after to avoid any other potential incidents.

It may not have made any difference to the outcome and we'll never know but them going down to 10 men would have changed the game.

I thought after the Bayern game would our players be mentally drained for this one. The worst man u team I have seen in many years. They were there for the taking yesterday and we have to consider this 2 points dropped.  Were we playing the name rather than a lower half Premier League team 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â