Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/10/24 at 22:59

1 minute ago, allani said:

The only slightly odd thing was that they announced 6 minutes stoppage time whilst the match was still stopped.  No conspiracy but it seemed odd.  Why not wait until the technical issue had been resolved and then announce exactly how much time was left to play (pending any additional stoppages)?  I get the feeling that an announcement of 8 minutes injury time as we were about to take the free-kick or throw (can't remember which) would have got more of a roar from the crowd than 6 minutes whilst the players were wandering around waiting for the referee to have his battery pack changed. 

Another of those things where other sports seem to have found a way to deal with this better than football - in rugby the stadium clock is stopped when the referee stops play.  So everyone know EXACTLY how much of the game is left to play.

Yeah I agree that we don't generally deal well with stoppage time in this sport.

Though I do think he added extra time to account for the additional stoppage, and I'm not sure that refs are actually allowed to just decide to stall announcing the stoppage time, so he probably did the right thing by the letter of the law - stoppage time is announced in the final minute of play, and I don't think there's any guidance to delay that if the stoppage is ongoing, he did what any other ref would do in that situation IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You can't tell me if the batteries go in equipment they have to stop the game. 

Presumably, yes, because it isn't the first time it's happened. I think it's far more likely that there was an unfortunate technical issue that required technical support rather than the referee faking one or extending the solution in order to sabotage Aston Villa.

To not have a back up and waste time changing batteries is amateur at best.

Agreed 100%.

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

We've played 10 games so far this season, Won 7, Drawn 2 and lost 1.

In the Prem we have played 7 won 4 draw 2 lost 1. Same as Chelsea. An they are being raved as the 2nd coming.

Also 3 points off Arsenal and City, who are God's among other teams.

Not to shoddy still I'd say.

• Like 3

United stunk the place out and played for a draw. We looked leggy and obliged. I'd take that over playing well and losing to a McTominay winner tbh. We have some time now for McGinn to recharge and Bailey to get back to full fitness. Was hoping to go into the break with 3 points but I'll take this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Weirdly as well as that, you could make a claim that the one we lost was our best performance - in some of those games we've not been at our best but still won. If we really click and find some form, we could really do something. We were well off our best today and still comfortably better than Manchester United.

• Like 2

It never ceases to amaze me that there is such a differences in the way matches are perceived (not just this one, but even on here, there are numerous different takes). Best  to just look at the results and then the table (wish that I could that! lol).

30 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

It's a great start. Fulham, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea away all coming up. Let's see where we are after 19 league games 

• Like 1

Three red card bottle jobs in 3 games.  I bet we don't get away with one.  We're a point up on what we got from the Mancs last year, plus ETH gets a reprieve which delays any possible Man Yew resurgence. Missing players, players not fully fit and a bit of Euro fatigue probably all played a part in a pretty flat performance.  Rogers really needs to work on his decision making.

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Played at walking pace all game. No energy. Been like this all season tbh. Injuries don't help but we really need to to up the tempo in games.

Yeah the points really hide some really really adject performances. The free flowing football is getting far now.

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah the points really hide some really really adject performances. The free flowing football is getting far now.

League games I mean. It's an anomaly that we've been so snails pace in the league.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

You can't tell me if the batteries go in equipment they have to stop the game. This PGMOL are worse than we really know. To not have a back up and waste time changing batteries is amateur at best.

At least have "Duracell"!

• Haha 1

Long long day today, lads tournament finished late so got dropped off. 

Trains appalling at full time then train from new st cancelled, got picked up again, went to Spoons for tea and just got back.

Digne MOTM

United are shite

I'll take the point, I need the international break as much as the players 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Both fouls were bookings, the second is way more blatant and cynical than the first. Ref bottled it.

Agreed.  it was a lack-of-courage. caused error.   The second was more cynical than the first.

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Feels like we played our cup final on Wednesday and have not been able to get up for the league matches either side. 

It was a classic after the Lord Mayors parade game, everything that Wednesday was today wasn’t, 

2 points from ipswich away and utd at home isn't great but not completely shit either. nice to get a clean sheet in the league and forest & brighton getting results mean we've not lost much ground. feels a bit of a missed opportunity though.

international break comes at a good time. players not on intl duty get a rest and chance to get some injured players back. that squad  for the fulham game should be incredibly strong all being well as should include mings and kamara too.

digne MOTM for me. another poor game from bailey. i don't think he's in our best 11 anymore.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â