Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Too cagey too much respect too scared of getting caught and no willingness to get on the ball in tight areas. Barkley and Tielemans need to start playing because they've both been **** dreadful.

Barkley made Eriksen look like Kante and he was done 3 years ago.

I don't think Barkley has been that bad - the best bits we've had have been him running off the ball, then getting it to Rogers.

That said, it does worry me that we don't have a central midfielder on the bench.

• Like 1

Cash's positioning is all wrong. He's facing towards goal al the time when he receives the ball rather than sideways or towards the opposition goal so he can't move forward with the ball

It's clear that they are playing to try and catch us with 1 ball over the top. 

Hence we've not engaged high up very often so it's led to a bit of a Midfield stalemate. 

When we do turn the burners up a bit, you can see they are worried. 

Interesting to see what happens the next 45 mins but I think we may see Duran sooner rather than later today. 

We look knackered to be fair, mentally and physically, wasted some good set piece opportunities.

In the game though, feel like just one decent string of passes and the right finish can win this one without it needing to improve overall too much.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I hate how we always make them look better than they are. Really **** annoying.

Too be fair they don’t even look that great. Neither team is playing particularly well. Bit of a slog this game so far.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Like playing with 9 with Bailey and Philogene. Pair of em utter shit.

Lift it.

Bailey is low on confidence and he's largely been poor, but we know what he can do and he's not going to return to form sitting on the bench, especially when we have so many injuries. 

Jaden is inexperienced, was fantastic midweek and imo still posing a threat today. 

Your comment is mental. 

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Bailey is low on confidence and he's largely been poor, but we know what he can do and he's not going to return to form sitting on the bench, especially when we have so many injuries. 

Jaden is inexperienced, was fantastic midweek and imo still posing a threat today. 

Your comment is mental. 

Mmm. No.

They've been shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't think it's too unreasonable to want to have challenged the keeper once when up against Evans and Maguire.

They're not the famous Man United anymore, they'll do very well to finish in the top 7, and we should be beating them today

I still think we'll beat them, but that was a fairly tedious 45 minutes

They ain't been the famous Man U for years, an we have beat them once in that shit time. Not sure why people think we are going to walk over them this time.

As people have said though, might come out firing in the 2nd half.