Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

You miss the Ipswich match then, mate?

That was an entertaining end to end game, mate.

Both teams look like two tired boxers in this one throwing punches in the 12th round.

• Like 1

Too cagey too much respect too scared of getting caught and no willingness to get on the ball in tight areas. Barkley and Tielemans need to start playing because they've both been **** dreadful.

Barkley made Eriksen look like Kante and he was done 3 years ago.

Just now, Bizzzle said:

Really not as bad as some are making out 

Oh, for sure. It’s been a little flat and frenetic but there’s lot to be encouraged by. Especially when we get Morgan on the ball. Just need to work the channels and get Ollie involved more. 

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

That was an entertaining end to end game, mate.

Both teams look like two tired boxers in this one throwing punches in the 12th round.

Disagree. We were abysmal and they were better than us. Far worse performance than the first half here. 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Both teams, but Villa for sure. No zip, control or cohesion. Did you see a great game?

No, I saw about what I'd expect after midweek. I'm not outraged it surprised. I hope we can step it up in the second half, but I'm concerned at the fitness levels and injuries. 

Poor half.

We are showing them too much respect and fearful of their counter attacks. Every time I see someone attack them they crumble so I don't know why we are playing in first gear. Maybe fatigue?

Defence has been solid, Carlos has been great and Cash has done well given he's been out a while.

Youri is having his worst game of the season and he knows it.

Jaden has been bright, him and Bailey have worked hard but we need more going forward.

Watkins is so isolated for most of the half. 

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

We're without Mings, Konsa is off injured, McGinn,  Kamara, Ramsey and Onana. A lot of the players look knackered after the performance on Wednesday.

Would take a 1-0 win if we can sneak it.

Duran looking up after seeing this post.

• Like 1

It’s quite clear Utd are set up to frustrate us and keep it tight. They’re well organised.

Down to us to find that spark and make something happen. May need Duran and Maatsen sooner rather than later.

Totally wrong approach.

Far too much respect.

We've invited them into the game. They don't deserve it.

We could beat these 5-2 without breaking sweat but are sitting back far too much.

• Like 2

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Might have to jump out of here. The negativity at 0-0 against Man U who we never beat anyway has reached new levels

I don't think it's too unreasonable to want to have challenged the keeper once when up against Evans and Maguire.

They're not the famous Man United anymore, they'll do very well to finish in the top 7, and we should be beating them today

I still think we'll beat them, but that was a fairly tedious 45 minutes