Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

They’re set up very well and organised. Hard to break through their shape and they still have enough quality players to hurt us.

Far from straight forward, this. We need to get Rogers on the ball more. 

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

I think this is largely what Emery will have wanted. 

Save energy after a frantic night against Bayern, keep United quiet, and then go for a bit more intensity in the second half. 

I'm happy with the first half of that is the plan.

Yeah, I think this is going according to Emerys plan. 

• Thanks 2

Scrappy half. Neither team got any real flow. Our set pieces disappointing.

Need to get Rogers on the ball and running at the booked players.

Prob going to need Duran magic yet again

It’s all well and good raising our game against the big clubs , but we need to do it against the likes of Ipswich and  Man U as well 

• Like 3

I'd argue it's been a half of good game management. United like to sit deep and we've shown how effective pace is - Leon and Lucas out wide have shown we can make stuff happen. We've had to be disciplined too - Cash was slow but grew into the game. Diego has been great this half since coming on. I think the game is just sloppy across the pitch - neither side is dictating nor imposing play. Lots of loose passes and poor first touches. There's much to play for in their second half. Disjointed, not poor for me.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Might have to jump out of here. The negativity at 0-0 against Man U who we never beat anyway has reached new levels

I don't often agree with you, but here... 👍

• Like 1