• Watkins
    • Bailey ( Ramsey 26)
    • Barkley (Onana 58)
    • Maatsen (Bailey 58)
    • Durán (Watkins 70)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/24 at 22:59

Voice still shot, hangover from hell and had to travel down to Heathrow this morning to fly back to the middle East tomorrow for work!

What a night, seeing grown men cry at the final whistle, the noise inside VP, the singing jeez im still buzzing now.

One of those I had to be there moments!

Cant give a Motm all 10/10 for me...UTV

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No full 90 on VillaTV; anyone know where I can find it?

I found something on YouTube but it was quite poor quality.  was hoping tnt had a rerun as I forgot to set it to record before going to the game.

https://m.vidio.com/watch/8387167-aston-villa-vs-bayern-full-match-uefa-champions-league-2024-25

Edited by tezzaleed

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Probably been mentioned on here already but that ref was out of his depth. I felt he might've been a bit starstruck and I was worried he'd give them a penalty at some point. 

The Upemacano non-red as the last man on ollie.....but quick enough to book Duran for a bit of petulance made me think he was leaning to their side too often.

One small point.....and it might just be me but.....Onana (for a big lad) seems to get injuries or knocks quite often. Hope he ain't a sicknote in the making.

I was discussing this at half time, i thought the ref missed a few things but actually thought he was pretty consistent. He set out early that he was going to let a lot go, he allowed a lot more contact than we were used to, my one criticism of last night is our players didnt learn. Late on they were still going down with minimal contact, the type of thing we see given all the time in the prem, he was never going to give any of that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Probably been mentioned on here already but that ref was out of his depth. I felt he might've been a bit starstruck and I was worried he'd give them a penalty at some point. 

The Upemacano non-red as the last man on ollie.....but quick enough to book Duran for a bit of petulance made me think he was leaning to their side too often.

One small point.....and it might just be me but.....Onana (for a big lad) seems to get injuries or knocks quite often. Hope he ain't a sicknote in the making.

He was pathetic.

I think they have a real problem in the european competitions by insisting all countries are represented by officials. Or at least that's how I assume they do it.

Everytime we had a ref in the conference from a country that didn't have a top league, they were always shit

And last nigth was the same. When it came up that he was romanian I said to my mate "he's going to be shit isn't he?"

(And that's not a dig at romanians, to be clear. It's pointing out that countries that don't have major football leagues tend to not have top quality officials)

• Like 1

loved that pretty much every seat was full at kick off and very few left before final whistle. obviously there was one or two, but it was just great to see the majority staying. my mate behind me said when we saw a couple of people leaving around 90 min mark, "how on earth can you leave now?!"

i've seen more low key celebrations of goals at VP than there was at the final whistle. pandemonium.

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

What an evening and one to remember. We’ll obviously have a few bumps with this team but nights like last night will become more common over the next few years at least. We have a very special manager and some very special players.

Credit also to all the fans in the stadium last night. They talk about the 12th man and watching the atmosphere build and the game play out, they proved to be the difference. Magnificent, but credit to the Bayern fans who also made a good amount of noise.

My son is still bouncing, my old dad is bouncing (and he can’t usually) and I’m bouncing. What a time to be a football and most of all a Villa fan. It’s what it’s all about. UTV

We must be an inspiring force to many teams, seeing our journey and I see this continuing in to the future.

I think we will build a dynasty.

My immediate reaction on the drive home was that was the toughest game we've been in. To keep out Bayern Munich who had scored 20 goals in the previous 3. It wasn't a lucky win either.

The missus said comments on facebook suggested our midfield was shit, I suggested they hadn't watched the game.

I've still not returned to earth, we need to carry this into Sunday and end a perfect week.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m disappointed there was no “can we play you every week” chant 😂

I tried to get "you'll never beat the Villa" going but no one was interested 😔

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â