• Watkins
    • Bailey ( Ramsey 26)
    • Barkley (Onana 58)
    • Maatsen (Bailey 58)
    • Durán (Watkins 70)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/24 at 22:59

38 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

who hasn't watched the highlights more than once? I think I'm on about my 50th viewing.

Can't believe my internet has shut down since Tuesday afternoon. Of all the Gin Joints. Had to watch the game from my local bus shelter (needs must). Just watched the highlights myself, totally lifted my spirits. What a time for us.

• Like 2

Probably been mentioned on here already but that ref was out of his depth. I felt he might've been a bit starstruck and I was worried he'd give them a penalty at some point. 

The Upemacano non-red as the last man on ollie.....but quick enough to book Duran for a bit of petulance made me think he was leaning to their side too often.

One small point.....and it might just be me but.....Onana (for a big lad) seems to get injuries or knocks quite often. Hope he ain't a sicknote in the making.

My mate was in The Briar Rose last night which was full of Bayern fans until one guy stood up and blew a whistle and they all promptly left. 

Zey are most efficient in zere drinking are zee Germans. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My mate was in The Briar Rose last night which was full of Bayern fans until one guy stood up and blew a whistle and they all promptly left. 

Zey are most efficient in zere drinking are zee German ls. 

Yeah the one chap was very efficient in how he snorted a little something for the cameras 😅  Clearly knew it was a German National Holiday today

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, astondalston said:

The best part of this performance was the way it countered the fear of a drop off from losing McGinn's industry and the much discussed RB issue when we brought in the likes of Diego, Philogene and an unfit/out of form Bailey.

We then play out of our skin and  I realise that we have McGinn, Kamara, Mings, Cash, Buendia will all be coming back or getting up to fitness.

I had thought that October might become a bit of a challenge for us but last night changed the picture for me. Its now on Unai to keep the levels up, and if anyone can....

It's a great point you make. We have to show the same intensity regardless of the opposition. 

just got back. still buzzing. gave carlos MOTM after his shocker vs ipswich he showed tremendous character to put in a display like that and keep kane so quiet. incredible night. easily my best ever at VP and there's been a number of good ones over the years.

• Like 2

I've just about calmed down now. Before the game, I thought that even a narrow-ish 2-0 loss would be a decent result. Give a decent account of ourselves, not let our GD get too battered etc etc. The longer it went on at 0-0, I was thinking that a draw would be phenomenal, especially with keeping a clean sheet too, but to win that game was just an absolute dream. 

I was in the Upper North, so I couldn't quite see exactly how dramatic those last few minutes were down the other end. Bloody good job as well...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Can't believe my internet has shut down since Tuesday afternoon. Of all the Gin Joints. Had to watch the game from my local bus shelter (needs must). Just watched the highlights myself, totally lifted my spirits. What a time for us.

Glad it’s not just me. Also does anyone else feel with Kompany their manager it was like beating Man City too!  😂😂😂😂😂😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â