• Watkins
    • Bailey ( Ramsey 26)
    • Barkley (Onana 58)
    • Maatsen (Bailey 58)
    • Durán (Watkins 70)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/24 at 22:59

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That goal. Nothing wrong with Route One when they least expect it. 

Martinez to Pau Torres to Durán to the back of the net. Seven seconds. 

Bang on.

All types/styles of football, play their part......No one size fits all.

Variety is the spice of life, and football is no exception.

12 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Back 4 were all very good tonight, Emi magnificent, and the midfield and attackers did enough.

Duran is going to be something special

Rogers will be top class.

Really happy for Jaden tonight. Against Bayern Munich, didn't look out of his depth

I think they already are.

Kompany trying to play this down, saying he got it that it was a special occasion for Villa due to 1982 And All That, but it was just another game for Bayern. 

I don't think so, mate. There will be plenty of Bayern fans of my generation who are still smarting from 82, and will have seen last night as a needle match, a chance for a long awaited revenge. Sorry chaps, but we're still rent free in your heads. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Kompany trying to play this down, saying he got it that it was a special occasion for Villa due to 1982 And All That, but it was just another game for Bayern. 

I don't think so, mate. There will be plenty of Bayern fans of my generation who are still smarting from 82, and will have seen last night as a needle match, a chance for a long awaited revenge. Sorry chaps, but we're still rent free in your heads. 

Seriously? I think they still think about that game about as much as Germans think about 1966. I.e., nowhere near as much as English people think they do

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kevpants said:

2 things. What vision by Pau. And WTF was Neuer doing outside his box in that situation?

He was all night, Arrogance .....That was just waiting to happen from an audacious super talent like JD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

He was all night, Arrogance .....That was just waiting to happen from an audacious super talent like JD.

Unai mentioned in the post-match we planned to target Neuer’s sweeper keeper antics and it paid off. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Well, I've woken up with a massive headache... No idea why! 😛

Anyone else still struggling to come back down to Earth? What a night.

I'm still in Orbit.....and I like it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good morning all.

Shoulders back, stride into work like you spent the night with Ana De Armas, spend the whole day banging on about it to your vaguely disinterested colleagues, smile all the way on the drive home, sit down, pour yourself a drink and watch the whole game again.

Any other suggestions?

Once I’ve finished my morning’s Teams meetings, in which I’ve sipped coffee from a Villa mug, I’ll be packing my case and heading to Manchester City centre for a work event tonight. I think this is the most appropriate way to keep warm this afternoon… I’m sure the locals will love it.

IMG_1691.jpeg

• Like 1

The best part of this performance was the way it countered the fear of a drop off from losing McGinn's industry and the much discussed RB issue when we brought in the likes of Diego, Philogene and an unfit/out of form Bailey.

We then play out of our skin and  I realise that we have McGinn, Kamara, Mings, Cash, Buendia will all be coming back or getting up to fitness.

I had thought that October might become a bit of a challenge for us but last night changed the picture for me. Its now on Unai to keep the levels up, and if anyone can....

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â