• Watkins
    • Bailey ( Ramsey 26)
    • Barkley (Onana 58)
    • Maatsen (Bailey 58)
    • Durán (Watkins 70)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/24 at 22:59

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good morning all.

Shoulders back, stride into work like you spent the night with Ana De Armas, spend the whole day banging on about it to your vaguely disinterested colleagues, smile all the way on the drive home, sit down, pour yourself a drink and watch the whole game again.

Any other suggestions?

I’m working from home. I’ll have to shout it out the window to the binmen 

• Haha 3

Reading a few other team's forums this morning and there's lots of praise for Unai. Especially from United fans who really want him there.

Except for Liverpool fans. They're really salty. Especially about the media giving us a fair bit of love. Oh the irony.

• Like 2

A superb write up worth reading

Time for a new page. This is a club with a rich and beautiful history, but right now history is not remotely the most interesting thing about it. Perhaps it was fitting that this was a victory largely crafted by the new generation, the players who can show this club where it is going, the young men who can craft its future. On a night when Villa celebrated its past, they somehow ended up turning the clock forward.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/oct/02/aston-villa-lose-their-inhibitions-to-craft-victory-for-new-generation

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good morning all.

Shoulders back, stride into work like you spent the night with Ana De Armas, spend the whole day banging on about it to your vaguely disinterested colleagues, smile all the way on the drive home, sit down, pour yourself a drink and watch the whole game again.

Any other suggestions?

I'm in a claret (purple) shirt and blue tie.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Watching Unai’s post match conference almost makes me relive the small moments from that game, and further appreciate the preparation that Unai and his team do. They talked about the long balls to Watkins & Duran across the 2 halves, and how this was something that could be exploited.

Who’s going to rewatch it, without the fear and nerves from the first time!?

Watched the highlights early this morning with my grandson who is too young to stay up and watch last night (7) before taking him to school.

I just hope he doesn't have to wait decades like me to see us playing at the top again.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Great read that. Loved that line about history not repeating but rhyming. 

Yeah that was poetry. I only raised an eyebrow once when he calls VP a sherbert factory. But I can dig that comparison, we got some serious sugar last night. 

1 minute ago, Villadevon said:

Watched the highlights early this morning with my grandson who is too young to stay up and watch last night (7) before taking him to school.

I just hope he doesn't have to wait decades like me to see us playing at the top again.

My lad is only 4, so not interested yet. I’ve gotten him into Mario and Pokemon lately, so I will take those wins and Villa will have to wait 😂 He wears the kits and knows he’s ’Villa’ but that’s about it. If we can keep Unai then hopefully we get some more of these types of nights in years to come! 🦁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

My lad is only 4, so not interested yet. I’ve gotten him into Mario and Pokemon lately, so I will take those wins and Villa will have to wait 😂 He wears the kits and knows he’s ’Villa’ but that’s about it. If we can keep Unai then hopefully we get some more of these types of nights in years to come! 🦁

You'll soon ( like me ) be bankrupting yourself buying Panini footy cards searching for the Ollie Watkins ' Golden Baller' card  😂 (he has two btw)

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â