• Watkins
    • Bailey ( Ramsey 26)
    • Barkley (Onana 58)
    • Maatsen (Bailey 58)
    • Durán (Watkins 70)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/24 at 22:59

Unfortunately I couldn't watch live due to work commitments. But I recorded it, put the phone on airplane mode, somehow managed to stay offline, and have just watched it back now.

I was born in 1981, and that is one of the best performances I have ever seen from Villa. I was actually a bit emotional watching it. For me, the 1994 and 1996 League cup wins are the high points of Villa performances, but this was right up there.

Martinez: amazing. Unbelievable saves throughout. His long balls out of defence...class.

Konsa: just quality. WAY better than the Ipswich game.

Carlos: Ditto. Was class. Was really poor vs. Ipswich, but it's important to call it as it was tonight: he looked comfortable on the ball and was solid.

Torres: Brilliant. The ball to Duran for the goal was SOOO good. And defensively he was very solid.

Digne: Solid

Tielemans: SOOOO good. World class

Onana: Good. Not amazing, but very good.

Philogene: Unbelievable. I was very surprised to see him starting, but he was amazing, from start to finish. Was moved to the left at one point and he was still great. 

Rogers: very good. He was good, but (harsh as this may sound) I still think he has some improving to do. Particularly when it comes to decision making. He seems to quite often just turn into traffic. Or tried to pick the wrong pass.

Ramsey: not bad. Hopefully the injury is only a tweak

Ollie: good, as always.

Subs:

Duran: don't need to say anything

Bailey: didn't get going at all unfortunately

Barkley: class

Maatsen: good

• Like 2

Standing in the stadium watching us lining up against Bayern with the CL music playing felt surreal. The emotion was so incredible, I’m 45 now and never thought I’d see this. 

Just being able to witness that felt enough because deep down I didn’t think we’d beat them. 

Edited by Colin79
  • Like 3

What an evening and one to remember. We’ll obviously have a few bumps with this team but nights like last night will become more common over the next few years at least. We have a very special manager and some very special players.

Credit also to all the fans in the stadium last night. They talk about the 12th man and watching the atmosphere build and the game play out, they proved to be the difference. Magnificent, but credit to the Bayern fans who also made a good amount of noise.

My son is still bouncing, my old dad is bouncing (and he can’t usually) and I’m bouncing. What a time to be a football and most of all a Villa fan. It’s what it’s all about. UTV

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shirtman said:

A moment that reflects the worst of Villa fans. He stuck with us when we were on the edge of bankruptcy, did a decent job, and, whenever he's interviewed, he comes across as a decent human being. 

Ok Steve, enjoy the kebab.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Got home from VP about 23:50 last night, went to sleep and just woke up… it wasn’t a fever dream, we beat Bayern Munich! (Again lolz)

How on earth did you sleep? I didn’t sleep a wink lol. I am still absolutely buzzing now. That performance and atmosphere last night!!!!! I never thought I’d see the day. It was incredible. My 9 year old went to sleep in his full Villa kit last night after a special night at Villa Park. Just incredible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

How on earth did you sleep? I didn’t sleep a wink lol. I am still absolutely buzzing now. That performance and atmosphere last night!!!!! I never thought I’d see the day. It was incredible. My 9 year old went to sleep in his full Villa kit last night after a special night at Villa Park. Just incredible.

To be honest I was awake half the night thinking about it all, I think that made it seem even more of a crazy dream!! 😂 what a night. Amazing. 

• Haha 1

No need to say what has already been said in here. I think if Ramsey is injured though we've found our new left winger in Philogene. And Barkley stepped into Onana's role and was arguably more effective again. Although you lose the physicality at set pieces. I wonder if Onana had been there late on might I have saved that pair of underwear. We'll never know.

• Like 2

Watching Unai’s post match conference almost makes me relive the small moments from that game, and further appreciate the preparation that Unai and his team do. They talked about the long balls to Watkins & Duran across the 2 halves, and how this was something that could be exploited.

Who’s going to rewatch it, without the fear and nerves from the first time!?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

What an evening and one to remember. We’ll obviously have a few bumps with this team but nights like last night will become more common over the next few years at least. We have a very special manager and some very special players.

Credit also to all the fans in the stadium last night. They talk about the 12th man and watching the atmosphere build and the game play out, they proved to be the difference. Magnificent, but credit to the Bayern fans who also made a good amount of noise.

My son is still bouncing, my old dad is bouncing (and he can’t usually) and I’m bouncing. What a time to be a football and most of all a Villa fan. It’s what it’s all about. UTV

Most definitely, the atmosphere last night was as good as I've seen in my 50 odd years of following Villa - and the away support was magnificent to be fair. I think thats the best away support I can remember seeing at VP.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Was gonna go Philogene for motm but it’s gotta be Emi 

Went for Phil myself but could easily have voted for Konsa. Emi raised his game for this one.  Excellent display from him.  

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good morning all.

Shoulders back, stride into work like you spent the night with Ana De Armas, spend the whole day banging on about it to your vaguely disinterested colleagues, smile all the way on the drive home, sit down, pour yourself a drink and watch the whole game again.

Any other suggestions?

Buy a ticket to the Bologna match and do it all again.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â