• Watkins
    • Bailey ( Ramsey 26)
    • Barkley (Onana 58)
    • Maatsen (Bailey 58)
    • Durán (Watkins 70)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/24 at 22:59

Such a great win. Unai’s subs were effective, even if a little driven from injuries.

Juan Pablo Bidace looked great, and I think we’ve finally seen a glimpse of why we bought him. Trickery, pace and a great defensive contribution.

Duran with a disgusting goal that he should never be scoring.

And of course Martinez, who kept us in it.

You’ve got to love this team ❤️

• Like 1

Thats another beer for me!

Just wonderful.

It was lovely to see & hear the commentators & the likes of Laura Woods sounding genuinely delighted for us after seeing our genuine emotion within the stadium. I assume that because Champions League is so normal for some other clubs that they aren't as loud, so emotive, etc, than we have been tonight.

The happy sound in Morgan Rogers voice while being interviewed is great to see too. Just wonderful.

The game was good tactics. They were always going to push players up front & leave a few at the back, & we were always going to be able to gte in behind them, as long as their defender wasn't allowed to cheat, but despite him cheating, despite the ref being awful, we did what we needed to do.

Martinez MOTM for me. World class saves. Just incredible. Just as incredible was the goal from Duran. He played really well too. Worked hard, made tackles, & played really well.

Defensively we were relatively solid. Midfield was swamped & possession was lost, but sometimes we just have to say that the opposition played really well. They move the ball so quickly & press like I have never seen before. I thought Philogene played quite well though. Better on the left than the right, but still a decent runout.

Overall, they were decent. Bayern are a great side & Emery got our tactics spot on, so it was a deserved win.

Absolutely delighted. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KillieVillain said:

Absolutely buzzing with that win , I’ve no chance of sleeping tonight. 

My other half has been absolutely berating me for drinking more lately. I think our relationship about to end after that result 🤣

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

The real hero tonight was the bloke who decided to pop into the grocers on the way to the match, 6 years ago
And then decided he could leave it by the dug out

Agreed, we need to petition a statue of him, right next to Emerys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

The real hero tonight was the bloke who decided to pop into the grocers on the way to the match, 6 years ago
And then decided he could leave it by the dug out

Not all heroes wear capes. Some just help us turn over a new leaf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â