• Watkins
    • Bailey ( Ramsey 26)
    • Barkley (Onana 58)
    • Maatsen (Bailey 58)
    • Durán (Watkins 70)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/24 at 22:59

On 03/10/2024 at 08:37, Wurzel said:

Oh dear the Bayern fans are not happy...........😂

Hate when a man toddler hosts a football show. You can tell what the adult is like. His whole self worth is wrapped up in how Bayern Munich do. When they lose, he has no depth to fall back on. Absolute **** melt.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

My immediate reaction on the drive home was that was the toughest game we've been in. To keep out Bayern Munich who had scored 20 goals in the previous 3. It wasn't a lucky win either.

The missus said comments on facebook suggested our midfield was shit, I suggested they hadn't watched the game.

I've still not returned to earth, we need to carry this into Sunday and end a perfect week.

It is an extremely big ask to beat a team like that and out play them, too.....it is most unlikely for most teams.

To get one out of two, is great, and the win trumps the other.

Bayern would have skipped, being the best performers for the win....make no mistake.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It is an extremely big ask to beat a team like that and out play them, too.....it is most unlikely for most teams.

Bayern would have skipped, being the best performers for the win....make no mistake.

I saw a post on a Bayern forum that suggested up to our goal they had an Xg of 0.6. Given that we didn't have any chances after the goal our Xg must have been similar before they threw the bus at us. Suggests that our shape including the midfield was perfect.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I thought Bayern were one of the best sides ive seen live. Credit to Unai as i couldnt remember seeing us dominated like that at home during his tenure. I remember a Watkins break early on an Neaur cleaned up the ball easily and i just remember thinking, whats he even doing there. 

They were amazing, except maybe in that final third. So happy that we beat them, still.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I thought Bayern were one of the best sides ive seen live. Credit to Unai as i couldnt remember seeing us dominated like that at home during his tenure. I remember a Watkins break early on an Neaur cleaned up the ball easily and i just remember thinking, whats he even doing there. 

They were amazing, except maybe in that final third. So happy that we beat them, still.

I agree, they was a very good side but......Neur's positioning is very very risky, he was so high up the pitch when they was in possession that one misplaced pass or a decent interception could quite easily have led to a goal. He was almost on the half way line at times.

If Bayern played in the Premier League i think they would get found out and would have to sit deeper or get beaten heavily.

Emery commented on it but tbh it was so obvious watching the game. At one stage Barkley looked up and thought about it.....just a little to long though and was closed out. If we meet them again I would be practicing shooting from the half way line, get it on target and it's as good as a goal.

On 04/10/2024 at 13:31, ender4 said:

To the one person who voted Emery as 'average' in the poll for this game @Rossi, no hate but i'd love to hear why, and what Emery could have differently to get you to increase the vote to at least a 'good'.

I couldn’t see by the time i voted so i hope that satisfies your curiosity 😁 nevertheless thank you for pointing out my awful error 

On 04/10/2024 at 21:32, tinker said:

I agree, they was a very good side but......Neur's positioning is very very risky, he was so high up the pitch when they was in possession that one misplaced pass or a decent interception could quite easily have led to a goal. He was almost on the half way line at times.

If Bayern played in the Premier League i think they would get found out and would have to sit deeper or get beaten heavily.

Emery commented on it but tbh it was so obvious watching the game. At one stage Barkley looked up and thought about it.....just a little to long though and was closed out. If we meet them again I would be practicing shooting from the half way line, get it on target and it's as good as a goal.

I wondered this, and then also wondered why this hasn't already happened. The guys played right at the top, champions league every season and multiple international tournaments. 

One of the reasons Duran gets away with is he doesn't ever look up and he shoots when you are not supposed to. 

43 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I wondered this, and then also wondered why this hasn't already happened. The guys played right at the top, champions league every season and multiple international tournaments. 

One of the reasons Duran gets away with is he doesn't ever look up and he shoots when you are not supposed to. 

Maybe he was playing particularly high against us to give it the big one with  Martinez, "I'm number 1 in the world type thing".  keepers are funny creatures and Martinez seems to be able to get into the minds of players.

• Like 1

Every game this season, including our other Champions league game is now available as a full ninety minute replay on demand on VillaTV except this one.

I have no idea why that is,  but I really hope it's not because the club is trying to figure out a way to monetise it.

On 04/10/2024 at 16:48, cheltenham_villa said:

Their ball control,and retention was noticeably high class.

I suspect Neuer has that kind of confidence to play so high up.

I doubt he was expecting that goal from a dead ball from our keeper.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â