Kingman

24 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

7-0 Villa, my dream told me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the only way to abolish the demons of playing Man Utd. Just a full on spanking of them.

I want 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 - whatever. Just a proper humiliation for Man Utd please. 

• Like 4

Hate is a strong word but still doesn't come close to how I feel about utd, toxic club. 

3-1 Villa (not sure I actually believe that) 

Edited by chrisvilla4
Spelling

It's not about them, it's about the points - I want us to keep accumulating points early in the season, keep ourselves in the right parts of the table and insulate ourselves against anything that comes through tiredness later. A win today keeps us top five for another couple of games at least.

I think it'll be very difficult because everyone associated with the club spent so much energy on Wednesday, we'll need to find a big effort from somewhere - and not just those on the pitch.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

There’s no way we don’t win this match. They are shit, we are brilliant. We will finish in the top 4, they will be bottom half. It’s that simple.

Sounds perfectly set up for a Man Utd fluke win. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hate this fixture so much. 

Just don't lose Villa, the quality we have going forward, we can win any game in this League, but we need our defence to be on it like they were Wednesday. 

Hopefully with no CL distractions next week and a break of sorts, we will be fired up for this. 

To go into the break sitting 4th/5th and winning 2 out of 2 in the CL would be amazing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Missing Onana, Ramsey, McGinn and Bailey. Bit of a threadbare midfield. Expect Barkley to start and hopefully Jaden has a Bayern type game. As per usual when we play United I'm not very confident 

Thought Onana was fit to play 

10 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Missing Onana, Ramsey, McGinn and Bailey. Bit of a threadbare midfield. Expect Barkley to start and hopefully Jaden has a Bayern type game. As per usual when we play United I'm not very confident 

Onana was expected to be fit. Injuries to Bailey, McGinn and Ramsey don't help though, hoping at least Bailey is available.

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Because they still have some very decent players who can turn up on the day like Garnacho

Tbf one we've struggled against down the years has been McTominay. He's scored a few to knock us out of cups in last three seasons so glad he's not in their equation.

Casemiro...Eriksen....Ugarte, not much pace or goal threat there at all so get Rogers running at them every single time please.

2 hours ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

I have a feeling we may start watkins and Duran for this if Ramsey and Bailey aren't fit. 

Watkins in an INF/SS role

Always feels to me they get in each other's way when they're on the pitch together, both wanting to be on the last shoulder of the defender. 

Watkins as SS would also likely get in Rogers way. I'd rather start Maatsen as a left sided attacker today. It might not work but ultimately it's another player with pace who'll drift infield for them to deal with and we'd still have Digne behind him to perform the LB duties so that should be enough to handle Garnacho if he starts on the right.

Ought to beat them, Champions League blues, them being on their knees and cheating officials are in the way....So, it will be very tough, first goal is even bigger than usual.

Edited by AndyClarke

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not about them, it's about the points - I want us to keep accumulating points early in the season, keep ourselves in the right parts of the table and insulate ourselves against anything that comes through tiredness later. A win today keeps us top five for another couple of games at least.

I think it'll be very difficult because everyone associated with the club spent so much energy on Wednesday, we'll need to find a big effort from somewhere - and not just those on the pitch.

Last season we had a far quick turnaround for Man. City home/Arsenal home. Arsenal was score early and cling on but they are a much better side than Man. United these days.

If we really wanted to we could start all of Cash, Maatsen, Barkley, Buendia and Duran. That's half the outfield changed with some real quality and experience to bring in,

Don't se us starting Cash or Buendia after the lay offs and Maatsen and Duran 50/50 calls I think based on how Unai wants to set up. Barkley is overdue a start now imo as we're not talking about some kid. Today will also be Jaden's first ever prem start most likely.

This time last year we had likes of Donk and Chambers as the midfield back up so we have far more options.

Just feels a bit of an odd point to potentially cite tiredness as to why we might drop points today yet just put the same 11 out pretty much.

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Onana was expected to be fit. Injuries to Bailey, McGinn and Ramsey don't help though, hoping at least Bailey is available.

Didn't Unai say Bailey and Ramsey were tired? So I think they could be on the bench and only used as last resort e.g. last ten minutes given they'll both have two weeks off after this game.

• Like 1

I think we'll see Duran and Watkins. Very nervous - definitely should win this and would make a statement as well as keeping us in the top mix. But, but, but...its Man f'ing utd. 

• Like 1

I’m sorry to be Mr Negative but everything about this feels like dropped points. The two Man U fixtures stung like hell last year, and weirdly this feels like a similar context. If we win Man U are really cast adrift and we’re still up with the big boys but sadly this just reeks of dropped points.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't Unai say Bailey and Ramsey were tired? So I think they could be on the bench and only used as last resort e.g. last ten minutes given they'll both have two weeks off after this game.

Good news if true. Although hopefully we won’t need to bring them on earlier if they do make the bench 😁