Kingman

1 hour ago, Adman said:

We're going to win convincingly.  The old villa is gone, the old utd is gone.  We are now better than them and will beat them UTV

Can't see your logic. Ten Hag won last 4 games against Emery. And we were better than them last season tas well, didn't help.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, smg said:

The mental block is with the fans not the players.

I disagree. 2-0 up at OT and we completely folded once they got the first back. Compare that to how composed we were leading Arsenal and Man. City last season, we practically lead Arsenal for the whole game at VP and didn't make an error despite them having the ball for large spells.

We always seem to play them expecting things to go wrong from the first minute and our passes and concentration becomes scattered. All it will take tomorrow is a few risky Diego Carlos passes along the backline and everything will start going into mass panic and think they'll score from every chance they get.

They won't. They're one of the lowest scorers in the league for a reason. However they will if we refuse to mark their players from corners and set plays as happened in both games last season.

Prep on them is as close to pointless as prep can be. They have no tactics, no idea, but some very good players.

Things just happen. It's like a team of Jhon Duran's.

We're better off trying to outscore them than keep them out. They might open us up with 6 players suddenly all on the left wing together, you can't prepare for that.

Very much hope to be wrong and we win 4-0.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

There’s no way we don’t win this match. They are shit, we are brilliant. We will finish in the top 4, they will be bottom half. It’s that simple.

Edited by fightoffyour

Posted (edited)

My most hated fixture against my most hated club.

I know we beat Arsenal and Man City in 1 week last season in a fantastic week for the club...

.. but beating Bayern and ManUre in the same week would easily top that.

Villa 3-1. "You don't win things with kids (in charge)"

Edited by ozvillafan
spelling
  • Thanks 1

No denial about our record against them, it's appalling. I'd expect more than 2 home wins in 29 years against any team, let alone a Man Utd one that hasn't won a league title since Ferguson left 11 years ago. We've beaten them once in that time at home, in Unai's first game, we've beaten City at home more than that and they've won 7 league titles in that time.

I think a lot was made of our record against them under Ferguson but they were so spoilt under him, he was a genius. They won 13 league titles in 21 seasons in his time there, they were losing no more than 4-5 games a season back then, so it's perfectly understandable we wouldn't beat them much especially in the seasons we were finishing 7th or 8th or bottom half. The one season we finished 4th, in 95-96, we did beat them at home and took 4 points off them that season, same in 92-93 when we finished 2nd and we beat them at home and drew away, and we had plenty of credible draws against them when they were a top side. 

It's the same sh*tty record over the last few years that is hardest to grasp. Last season for example they lost 14 games yet we weren't one of the sides to beat them despite us winning 20 league games. They lost to Brighton, Bournemouth, Forest, West Ham, Palace (twice!), Fulham and Newcastle but didn't lose to us, the 4th best team in the country. It's astounding. Brighton for some reason always seem to beat them. Spurs used to have a really poor record against them too but have managed to put that psychological damage behind them because they have a good record against them in recent seasons. Why the f*** can't we beat them but can beat Arsenal and Man City, much better sides, I don't know but it needs to stop.

Everyone says Ten Hag is a crap manager but his record over Unai is P 5, W 4, L 1. Again, how I don't know how but again that record needs to be put right.

Please just beat this mob today. I can't stand yet another poor result against them, especially when they are not a top side any more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Everyone says Ten Hag is a crap manager but his record over Unai is P 5, W 4, L 1. Again, how I don't know how but again that record needs to be put right.

Because they still have some very decent players who can turn up on the day like Garnacho

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Because they still have some very decent players who can turn up on the day like Garnacho

They do. We cannot try to just hang on to a lead (if we get one). Their pace on the counter may kill us.

30 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We have plenty of more than decent players ourselves and so do Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs who we have beaten plenty of times over the last few years.

12 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We have plenty of more than decent players ourselves and so do Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs who we have beaten plenty of times over the last few years.

True.

Just think they have a psychological edge over us in these games which is why we lose almost every single time

I do think they'll beat us again today. Always have a horrible feeling when we play them.

• Like 1

Ten Hag is in last chance saloon, a bit like he was in the Cup Final last year. Their players aren’t bad, they are just poorly set up and play with no structure. 

i doubt whether it will be a simple win, but let’s hope the United from the last two matches turns up, not the one from the Cup Final. 

15 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

True.

Just think they have a psychological edge over us in these games which is why we lose almost every single time

I do think they'll beat us again today. Always have a horrible feeling when we play them.

I just think those dreadful runs have to end at some point especially when one club is run so well and the other is not and we finished above them for the first time in God knows how long last season.

The head to head always looks horrible when playing these though. We just have to treat it like any other fixture and not think about the past. 

Can’t believe it’s match day again. Still reeling from Wednesday night.

I’m going to whisper it… but I think we’ll smash them today. Quick out the blocks and then stay full of energy. I think it’ll be 3-0   :) 

come on you Villa boys. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I just think those dreadful runs have to end at some point especially when one club is run so well and the other is not and we finished above them for the first time in God knows how long last season.

The head to head always looks horrible when playing these though. We just have to treat it like any other fixture and not think about the past. 

Even under Emery we've lost 4 out of 5 which isn't a great look