Kingman

I think Cash might start this one with Konsa moving back into the centre of defence. Otherwise Maatsen for Ramsey and Philogene for Bailey the changes from the Bayern game. 

• Like 2

All the stuff i’m seeing the build up for this match is like a final but for us its just another league game, every latest football clip is about Ten Haag and the pressure of this game, i hope none of our players are seeing this the way some of us are or that could play a psychological effect. 

• Like 1

Absolutely desperate to beat this lot.

Cant stand them and their self righteous fans. Years and years of always being beat by them, even with 2 goal leads.

Please Unai, deliver another master class and finish the week off on a high and do these ****.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Absolutely desperate to beat this lot.

Cant stand them and their self righteous fans. Years and years of always being beat by them, even with 2 goal leads.

Please Unai, deliver another master class and finish the week off on a high and do these ****.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473b2dt364fdpgxjv8yv

• Like 1

with the possible/probable injuries, I think we start:

Martinez

Konsa-Carlos-Pau-Digne

Jaden-Barkley-Tielemans-Maatsen

Rogers

Watkins

Should give good protection on the wings where they are most dangerous.

Duran, Cash, Buendia and hopefully Onana + Bailey would still leave good bench options.

We all know in recent seasons it's never been easy with this lot, so I'm prepared for one of those nailbiters. One thing is for certain, on the evidence of Wednesday night's performance, we're well capable of putting these lot to the sword, and maybe ending the reign of that "Bubbly" Dutch man. Here's hoping.

Come on me Babbys!!

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

I'm already hating the idea of this game. This is one of those games where everything should point to a Villa win but you just know it's not going to happen. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm already hating the idea of this game. This is one of those games where everything should point to a Villa win but you just know it's not going to happen. 

Screenshot_20241005_154401_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d34d019205521f59342091ce00e5f59a.jpg

These kind of matches have a long history of being bad for Villa.

Teams on a bad run or teams needing a win to save their manager plus it's Manure and we have a terrible record against them.

It has to end and I hope it is this Sunday.

Villa are long overdue a big win against them and it would be great if it happens this weekend. 

Villa should be on a high after beating one of Europe's best teams and surely Emery will keep those standards high. Manure are there to be beaten.

UTV

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

These kind of matches have a long history of being bad for Villa.

Teams on a bad run or teams needing a win to save their manager plus it's Manure and we have a terrible record against them.

It has to end and I hope it is this Sunday.

Villa are long overdue a big win against them and it would be great if it happens this weekend. 

Villa should be on a high after beating one of Europe's best teams and surely Emery will keep those standards high. Manure are there to be beaten.

UTV

Last season they beat us twice when we were in front. It was like Deja - Vu.

• Like 1

We just need to both the players and the fans to turn up and show their energy again. It’s always difficult after a huge game like Wednesday, but if we can turn in another performance then we will win. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Weird thing about this game is that there's probably many Manure fans that would be happy if we won this game 5-0

i-would-be-such-a-happy-human-robert-ger

If they play casemiro in midfield tomorrow, Rogers is going to end his career. 

If we have Onana fit and they have no Mainoo we should dominate midfield. Just have to avoid not giving them a silly early goal and watch the diagonal switch to Rashford that did us last season and this could be a very memorable week. 

• Like 1