Kingman

10 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Are they a bit thick? Surely if this is rescinded then VAR must be abolished immediately on the basis that they upheld the decision.

We know it won't, we also know why it has been rescinded and worst of all, we know exactly what is going to happen on Sunday!

The VAR got it completely wrong. It was a ridiculous decision that has been rightly overturned.We had the same with Douglas Luiz against Fulham which was subsequently rescinded.

I’m more surprised they’ve actually done this rather than try to protect the VAR.

• Confused 1

They're not appealing the decision of a foul, they're satisfied with that, they're appealing the opinion of the referee on the force and intent of that foul and the corresponding opinions of the VAR officials on the same incident - appealing an opinion is a very odd thing, because all you're really doing is giving your own opinion on an incident and in this case saying that your opinion is more important than the opinions of those that are paid to make the decision.

It shouldn't come as any great surprise that the Premier League agree that the opinion of Manchester United is more important than the opinions of referees.

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They're not appealing the decision of a foul, they're satisfied with that, they're appealing the opinion of the referee on the force and intent of that foul and the corresponding opinions of the VAR officials on the same incident - appealing an opinion is a very odd thing, because all you're really doing is giving your own opinion on an incident and in this case saying that your opinion is more important than the opinions of those that are paid to make the decision.

It shouldn't come as any great surprise that the Premier League agree that the opinion of Manchester United is more important than the opinions of referees.

Of course it’s a foul and of course it’s not a red card. It’s about as clear cut as it can get on both counts. Several people on here said that it would get overturned as soon as it happened. It’s abysmal refereeing. 

I was amazed that it wasn’t overturned by VAR until I saw that it was Peter Bankes who seems to have no idea what the rules of football are based on the games that I’ve seen him referee.

I can’t stand Man United, I can’t stand Bruno Fernandes but I’m OK with bad decisions like this getting overturned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

Of course it’s a foul and of course it’s not a red card. It’s about as clear cut as it can get on both counts. Several people on here said that it would get overturned as soon as it happened. It’s abysmal refereeing. 

I was amazed that it wasn’t overturned by VAR until I saw that it was Peter Bankes who seems to have no idea what the rules of football are based on the games that I’ve seen him referee.

I can’t stand Man United, I can’t stand Bruno Fernandes but I’m OK with bad decisions like this getting overturned.

Easy decision to appeal aswell when Maddison came out and said he didn't think it was a red. If the player fouled said that it's a very strong character witness statement to bring to an appeal.

• Like 1

Think we all know what happens in this one 😕…seen it year after year, we cant beat these 3 or 4 nil like them other village teams can and neither can we just beat them by nicking it…hate this lot with an extreme passion

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â