Kris Kristofferson

Topic will be automatically locked at 13:12

AJG23

'Special' singer and actor Kris Kristofferson dies https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjwd69n7xxgo

Tributes have been paid to Kris Kristofferson, the award-winning country singer and actor following his death at the age of 88. 

I remember him starring in the movie Convoy in 1978 which was a big success at the box office, bit of a cult movie also I think. I’m not sure but I think I went to the cinema to see it at the time.He played Billy the Kid in the movie about Billy and Pat Garrett and I remember him in the 1999  Mel Gibson movie Payback playing a mob boss. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of his movies might be on TV in the coming days and weeks.

My Mum was a really big fan of KK, both his music and she loved the 1976 movie A Star Is Born, she probably watched every time it was on TV I think, not sure my Dad was quite so keen though 🙄

RIP.

15 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Can't say I ever took much note of him as a film star, I mostly thought of him as the guy who wrote Me and Bobby McGee, which Janis performed so well.

I much prefer KK's version to Janis's. I find her screechy voice has not aged well. 

47 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

He played Billy the Kid in the movie about Billy and Pat Garrett

Terrible casting. Billy was a weasely little runt, not a big rugged hunk like KK. Any suggestions for a more suitable actor? 

Book_Notes_-_Billy_the_Kid.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Terrible casting. Billy was a weasely little runt, not a big rugged hunk like KK. Any suggestions for a more suitable actor? 

Book_Notes_-_Billy_the_Kid.jpg

Emilio Estevez in the  two Young Guns movies ?

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Still too handsome. 

51ZPEvsrhBL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Yes, you’re right, I think Emilio would have had the ladies swooning in the aisles back in the day….😁

Maybe the guy who played “Dirty Steve” in the first Young Guns movie might have been better. Dermot Mulroney ?

I was going to say that Barry Keoghan, while not looking exactly like Billy the Kid, often gives off a similar vibe. Sort of wrong side of the tracks but with a bit of a rascal charm.

Turns out there’s something in the works with him in the role.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I was going to say that Barry Keoghan, while not looking exactly like Billy the Kid, often gives off a similar vibe. Sort of wrong side of the tracks but with a bit of a rascal charm.

Turns out there’s something in the works with him in the role.

That could work, take his character /role in Love/Hate then use it in a Western. I can see it.

Split with his missus recently I think,  so he might have moved since,  but he was living somewhere around where I stay last I heard.

Edited by AJG23

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The trick would be finding an American film actor with a squint and crooked teeth... 

I'll put this one in Spoilers for those who haven't seen Old Henry.

Spoiler

Tim Blake Nelson was a great fit. Brilliant, brilliant Western.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2023/02/barry-keoghan-billy-the-kid-movie-director-bart-layton-1235260426/amp/

Fresh from his Oscar nomination for The Banshees of Inisherin, Irish actor Barry Keoghan is turning his attention back towards a dream assignment: a new feature retelling of the story of Billy the Kid. Keoghan’s American Animals director Bart Layton is aboard to direct the feature, produced by Element Pictures and RAW with Film4.

• Like 2

Never seen the firm 'Star is Born'. But remember him in the video 'Women in Love', Barbara Streisand. Looked worth a worth a watch with him in it.

He was also in Blade the first one, if I remember. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â