Ratings & Reactions: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/24 at 22:59

Look at Unai's reaction to Carlos for the 2-2 goal. He was waving like crazy to try and get Diego to move up, but he never did and was then wasted by Delap. Unai flipped lol.

Consistently getting 3 points from these kinds of games is more important than anything else really.

Felt like a few of our players thought this would be a stroll, and weren’t ready for a well organised and up for it Ipswich side in front of a decent home crowd.

With McGinn out we look immature.

Onana is a great signing but against weaker oppo I prefer Barkley at the moment. He is calmer, picks better passes. Came on too late today IMO.

The second Ipswich goal was a disasterclass from Konsa and Carlos. Konsa far too slow to realise the counterattack was on, and Carlos sent on holiday by a bang average player.

Martinez mostly had a good game, but I think he would back himself to save that first goal most of the time.

Generally just a messy performance that lacked composure and intelligence all across the pitch.

Positives: Watkins, Rogers. Buendia is looking like he is getting up to speed.

Negatives: 2 points dropped, looked like a mid table side, lacked character.

• Like 3

Yeah a bad performance but they are proving to be a tricky side to play away this season in all seriousness. Still very disappointed though. This is the new Villa and we should always be able to get 3 points. I know it's mental to say that but still!

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

What did Carlos do wrong today then? 

Put the shirt on by the sound of things.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

You can’t see how bad Carlos is? Yeah Konsa made errors playing out of position but having Carlos at CH is killing us, the bloke is far too casual and is a liability. 

I certainly don't think Carlos is great and appreciate that if Konsa was cb for their 2nd we wouldn't have conceded given how good he is 1 on 1. But I don't think the ridiculous mistakes konsa made have anything to do with him playing RB. Id be fuming if he was in the middle and kept losing the ball!

1 minute ago, WHY said:

You can’t see how bad Carlos is? Yeah Konsa made errors playing out of position but having Carlos at CH is killing us, the bloke is far too casual and is a liability. 

He is a concern, has cost us directly goals. Wolves last week an example and he’s done it more than once.

these games do make the difference between Europe and not, we’ve not had a difficult start to the season with Pl opponents with either. 

our tough run is coming up in a few weeks and without improvement we are going to struggle. 

Going forward we looked threatening but were wasteful/too casual or too cautious at times slowing down play and going backwards/sideways too often in the second half when being in decent counter attacking positions.

Defensively given the opposition and the amount of decent chances we conceded you can't judge it as anything other than really poor. Carlos is a liability and I don't understand why we are pushing our best CB out to right back with an adequate right back on the bench.

Ref was a joke. Morsy could have got 4 yellows. 

Two points dropped and really disappointing overall.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

My Fantasy Premier League team is called "Philogene Is Not My Lover" and with performances like that, he never will be.

Nor would you want him to be, horrible run out.

Edited by AndyClarke

8 minutes ago, jamodillo said:

Ezri Konsa will be very disappointed. At fault completely for both goals. Anyone pointing to Carlos just doesn't like him.

Spot on, Konsa is usually one of my favourite players but today he was very lackadaisical, a poor attempted clearance for the first, and out of position for the second after running up the pitch with the ball, ignoring the obvious pass out to the wing and losing possession with a terrible attempted pass into their box. 

• Like 1

we were pretty in control from the start of the 2nd half and i feel like we should be able to see out games but doesn't seem possible with this carlos and Konsa CB/RB combination as there is always a vulnerability there. 

Edited by TheMightyVillans

11 minutes ago, jamodillo said:

Ezri Konsa will be very disappointed. At fault completely for both goals. Anyone pointing to Carlos just doesn't like him.

Personally thought Konsa was at fault for the first goal.

For the second I'd more blame Carlos as firstly he played Delap onside and then he put in a pathetic attempt to stop him shooting.

Neither player played well but Carlos was in his preferred position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

I accidentally hit good for the ref, I meant average.

No glasses on

You can change it

Just now, jamodillo said:

I certainly don't think Carlos is great and appreciate that if Konsa was cb for their 2nd we wouldn't have conceded given how good he is 1 on 1. But I don't think the ridiculous mistakes konsa made have anything to do with him playing RB. Id be fuming if he was in the middle and kept losing the ball!

Konsa was the fault of the second goal it’s totally on him with a stupid pass when it should have gone wide, I fear for Wednesday night having watched that crap today 

Unai got it wrong with the subs. No point having Ollie and Jhon on the pitch at the same time.

I thought at least Emi2 and Ross were actually trying to win us the game. A lot of players happy to go in autopilot.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â