Ratings & Reactions: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/24 at 22:59

We missed McGinn for our balance.

Tielemans has been a good replacement for Doug, but Barkley simply isn't a replacement for Tielemans and with McGinn out, we're struggling with only one progressive central midfielder - especially when our holding midfielder is also having a stinker.

Our best midfield at the moment is Tielemns, Kamara, McGinn - having two of them out is a problem.

• Like 4

The ref was very reluctant to give us free kicks. Look at the foul on Duran just outside of the box - an obvious foul and wastes seconds to blow the whistle because he doesn't want to give it. That happened too often - they were allowed to kick Rogers in the first half too.

It doesn't excuse the performance, but it's very hard to build on a game when you're lumbered like that. Ipswich should have been absoutely down to 10 men.

The balancing act of champions League mid week football. Tried to win it at a trot and couldn't hold on. Disappointing but I forsee a full throttle performance versus Bayern. On to the next one. 

6 minutes ago, jamodillo said:

Ezri Konsa will be very disappointed. At fault completely for both goals. Anyone pointing to Carlos just doesn't like him.

You can’t see how bad Carlos is? Yeah Konsa made errors playing out of position but having Carlos at CH is killing us, the bloke is far too casual and is a liability. 

Carlos was nowhere near as bad as the match thread would have let you believe. Several times covered for his team mates who were missing. 
Second goal he does well to get back, again his mates nowhere to be seen. Gets turned inside out by some very good footwork.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

Sorry but Konsa was at fault for both goals today. Second one he lost possession trying a silly pass when the best option was out wide to Philogene. Took them both out the game allowing Ipswich to break and score.

It wasn’t the pass from Konsa that pissed me off, but the casual trot back into our half as if we were in control, even though the Ipswich players were piling forward.

Happened more than once in this game as well.

• Like 3

Just now, WHY said:

You can’t see how bad Carlos is? Yeah Konsa made errors playing out of position but having Carlos at CH is killing us, the bloke is far too casual and is a liability. 

Diego almost injured Dibu too. He's a liability and hot-headed. Got easily turned over by Delap today.

Just now, WHY said:

What did Carlos do wrong today then? 

• Haha 1

Bailey low on confidence is nowhere near the same threat. Great cross for the assist though. 

Carlos is strong but absolutely thick as mince. Liability.

Konsa is a fantastic defender but totally wasted and never convincing at RB imo. I don't think Bogarde is ready and Kosta (despite his obvious potential and skillset) still needs to develop some discipline and experience, so I can see why Emery sets up like this. However, so many times we end up in a position like today's, where we're caught between losing attacking momentum and depending on Carlos' 1v1 defending due to Konsa's positioning, and we can get punished from those positions like we were for their equaliser. I don't know much about Geertruida but imagine he would have been at least to some extent an answer to these problems - a shame we couldn't shift Carlos to facilitate that transfer. 

I love Emi B but he's nowhere near ready. Great header and tenacity against Wycombe but wasn't in control, so no surprise he made no difference at all when coming on for Ollie. His free kick straight after coming on was so frustrating because it seemed like an obvious couple of passes to shift it out to Jaden who was in on goal. The shot he took instead was so poor but unsurprising given his rustiness - I just wish he'd have been cleverer.

Very frustrating. On to Wednesday and no matter the result there, let's beat United next weekend to atone for this. 

• Like 1

I predicted we wouldn't win so not surprised. I think people are a bit disrespectful to Ipswich in the sense we could just stroll in and win with ease. Barely any Premier League game is clear cut these days unless you're Man City.

Of course I agree we were poor second half but every team has off days and doesn't perform well for 90 minutes. Ipswich is a tough ground to go to and I think results will show this over the course of the season. 

Referee was diabolical as well, always a home referee, just like Coote. Both make cowardly decisions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ipswich, Forest, Leicester, Wolves, Southampton, doesn’t matter. You aren’t winning a Premier League football match playing the way we just did. We were abhorrent.
A point is a good result given the performance. 

This, we didn’t deserve to win. Players might have one eye on Bayern but they may as well make the most of it as we won’t be playing them again anytime soon with performances like that. 

Tried to cruise the second half without expending much energy, very sloppy from Konsa for both goals.  

No idea how Ipswich kept eleven players on the pitch, Morsy should have gone. Play like that in the week and Bayern will rip through us at will.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â